7

Faruk got to the car expecting to see Hanan coming after him but she was nowhere to be seen.

He feared her whereabouts when he quickly rushed back to the mall to find her glued to the floor with tear-filled eyes.

He whispers her name calling her attention but she doesn't reply, so he walks further to see what is holding her back, and upon getting to her, he is shocked to see them together.

"Hanan." He calls taking her hands to leave.

"Faruk, is this you? What a surprise! You're back from Abroad after so many years?" Hajiya asked affirming with a smile that turned into a cruel smile once she saw Faruk's hand holding onto Hanan's tightly.

"If I'm not mistaken, did I hear you call her Hanan?" She smirks blocking their path.

"Excuse us." Faruk tries to leave but again she blocks their way.

"She is not Hanan, After three years we meet again Habiba, who would ever imagine that you're alive." She sneers eyeing her from head to toe acknowledging a lot of changes in her.

She looked a lot different, even her aura felt new. She no longer looks timid, well three years isn't a joke, she has grown and matured beautifully. She admitted.

"Mom, please let's go!" That was Amina pulling her mom away which surprised everyone, especially Hanan.

Didn't Amina recognize her?

"We should go?" Hajiya scoffed. "Amina, aren't you shocked to see her as I am?" She chuckled pulling her daughter closer to Hanan.

"She looks slightly different but I can swear she is Habiba," Hajiya said further taking a step closer to touch Hanan, Faruk blocked her away.

"Hajiya, I'm trying to respect you so please don't cross the line." He glares at her.

"The line, Huh?" She scoffed angrily.

"Speak to my mom with respect Faruk!" Amina stepped in glaring at him angrily.

"Really? Why don't you tell your mom to stay within her boundaries first!" Faruk lashes back at Amina.

"Let him be dear, he's just like his cousin, zero respect runs in their lineage." Hajiya smiled her gaze never left Hanan though.

"Mom, we have a lot to do, let's go." Amina sighed pulling her mom away, but Hanan couldn't accept the spiteful look Amina threw at her before they left so she rushed to her.

She was emotional and close to tears when she held Amina's hands.

"Amina?" She mutters.

"Let go of me, who are you?!" Amina scowled snatching her hand away.

"Hey! Stay away from my daughter, I never want to see you close to us ever again!" Hajiya glared frowning with a lot of rage, she pulled away Amina with her.

There Hanan stood yet motionless staring into blank space.

"Three years have passed and a lot has changed but I guess Hajiya's hatred for me never changed." She muttered.

"Hmm, let's go, we've got a lot to do as well." Faruk sighed pulling her out of the mall.

"Get in." He whispered to her, but she stood again turning back to stare at the mall.

"Hanan?" He called leading her into the car, he opened the door for her to sit.

They spent the whole of their drive to their next destination engulfed in silence.

He observed her closely and could see her pained, he wondered what could make her ex-inlaws despise her so much, he knew about her past but not every detail.