21

What was he thinking? Why did he do that? Aren't we just friends?

Many thoughts ran through Hanan's mind as she got back home, rushing into her room, she slammed her door closed and stood leaning against it.

Her heart felt too abnormal for her liking as it was racing too fast.

She shut her eyes to catch her breath while patting her throbbing heart, she slowly released her luggage to the floor, and with a heavy sigh, she walked to her mirror staring at her reflection.

"Faruk kissed me?" She mumbled feeling the words heavy in her mouth, slowly she stared down at her lip.

"No! It can't be, it must be a dream." She sighed.

"Hell no! It happened, he fucking kissed me!" She gasped, pacing up and down, she shut her eyes to see his face again.

His soft gaze which feels addictive, she is unable to get them off her mind, his hands firm on her, she could still feel them resting on her arms, and his lips against hers...

"Let's not go there!" She whispered shrugging her head.

"Why does the kiss bother me so much? I'm confused." She muttered and suddenly she remembered Amira who was no less a guru at dealing with these types of issues, Lucy was her daily client back in school.

"Amira!" She rushed to her phone to give her a call but instantly she recalled they were no longer friends.

"I have no right to call her now, I lost that right." She sighed and slumped into her bed.

Her face facing the ceiling, she lay flat on her bed.

"I need to talk to someone, my head is heating up." She whispered.

"Maybe a cold shower will do." She smiled rushing into the bathroom.

She let on the shower standing beneath it for what felt like an hour, but he didn't do the trick rather it worsened it when she remembered Najib.

"I should get my thoughts distracted and occupied." She muttered thinking of what to do and then she realized that Nanny Ann was not back yet.

"I should cook for everyone, Nanny Ann must be tired and too stressed to cook when she returns." She sighed and without hesitation, she got herself busy in the kitchen which helped at last to get her thoughts distracted.

It was past noon but Hanan was still busy in the kitchen till Samira, the maid announced Abdul's arrival.

"He's back?" She asks smiling.

"Yes ma, he just drove in," Samira replied.

"Okay, I will join him now," Hanan says cleaning her hands dry, she rushed out to welcome him, and surprisingly Nanny Ann was also with him.

She gave him a long stare while hiding her smile before walking to him.

"Hi, you're back, welcome." She sighed.

"That's way too cold, don't I deserve at least a smile or a hug?" He pouts.

"A smile for now." She muttered and smiled at him.

"I'm glad you're back home," Abdul says recalling everything that happened in his absence, which Nanny Ann shared with him on their way home.

"I returned home for Nanny Ann." She smiled glancing to see Nanny Ann and Samira struggling with the groceries bags.

"Give them to me, I will take them in." She says quickly collecting them.

"Thanks dear, this shopping drained my energy and I had to pick Abdul up from the airport, I'm too tired." She says yawning.