11

The night flew like it never came for Hanan, despite waking up at 11 in the morning she still felt drawn to her pillow.

She yawns severally barely having an interest in doing anything but she dares not complain or refuse Amira's outing plans for the day so she braces up, sitting with a mug of coffee in her left hand while her right finger scrolls her Instagram feed she stumbles on a post which drew her attention and once again confirms her speculation.

#Upcoming lavish weddings of the month!

Amina in a sophisticated wine-colored dress that glittered from head to toe, hugging out her physique, with minimal makeup on her face, posed in the accompany of her man. Amir paired up with a black tux, and a bold smile, cuddled in each other arms, they ranked #1.

"They look so good together, Amir made the best choice, right?" Amira walked up to her happily collecting the phone as she stared at the couple in admiration.

Hanan hesitates to reply as she wonders if Amir made the right choice marrying into a family who turned her life upside down, but then, she remembered what was important is Love, and they both had that for each other.

"Yeah, he did make the right choice." She replied sipping on her Coffee.

"Tomorrow is the day I'll introduce you both, he's the only one you haven't met yet." She stated happily.

"Yeah, I can't wait, it will be a pleasure to see all of them again." She replied thoughtfully with a smirk.

"Okay! Get your ass off the couch, let's go glam!"Amira grinned, pulling her friend off the couch, they made their way out.

***

"Your total bill is a hundred thousand naira, ma'am."

"Hundred thousand!?" Hanna blurts out, her eyes bulging out of their sockets as she stares at the sales girl and her friend in shock.

"Amira, we only bought two heels? Do you intend to empty your account?"

"Duh! It's a wedding we're attending not a burial, these heels are worth the price, did you see the glass edge it has? Forget its price and stare at the beauty!"Amira scoffed not minding Hanan disapproval glare as she inserted her card into the credit card machine.

"You're doing too much, we haven't gotten to the salon yet and we've spent this much?"

"Oh babe, this is nothing!" She replied with an evident eye roll. "C'mon, we need to look glam for the wedding, our next destination is the salon, let's go." She said not giving Hanan a chance to complain again, she rushed into the mall's salon which was just opposite them.

Once they got in, Hanan quickly settled on a couch while she lazily gazed at her energetic friend giving orders to the salon stylist.
From the moment they got out of the ride they boarded to the mall, she had just gotten a chance to sit and relax.

"Where does she my friend get her energy from?" She mumbled to herself as Amira approached her with two bottles of chilled Fanta.

"Here, have this, you look dehydrated." She says as she hands one of the drinks to her.

"Thanks, I badly need to cool my parched throat." Hanan smiled.

"You're welcome, so I have an idea." Amira grinned, sitting closer to Hanan.

"What is it?" Hanan mutters.

"Let's head back to my house after getting spa done...

"Your house? Why? I didn't prepare for that."

"Tomorrow is the wedding, your dress, heels, and jewelry are here with us, what else do you need to prepare for?"

"I don't have a fresh pair of undies...