9

"I'm coming."

Hanan in bed heard a soft knock when She lazily strolled to the door, with sleepy eyes, she opened the door not caring to glance at the person at the door until she felt a light tap on her shoulder.

She turns to face the person and at once her sleep vanishes making her stare wide at the lady before her.

"Oh!" She gasps.

The lady's curious eyes traveled around Hanan's body making her anxious and self-conscious of her night dress which was just above her knees, She struggled to pull it lower, and with a forced smile, she greeted the lady.

"Good morning ma." She said while wishing the ground could suck her in.

Faruk's mother for a while didn't say a word, rather she continued to scan Hanan from head to toe while looking shocked, and why wouldn't she?

"What was a grown woman doing in her son's house by this early hour of the day? Did they spend the night together? Are they in a relationship?"

Many questions ran through her mind but she couldn't ask so she just smiled in return and acknowledged her greetings.

"Morning dear, is Faruk in?"

"Yes ma, come in," Hanan replies stepping from the door to let her in while she rushes to Faruk who is sleeping on the couch.

"Faruk!" She gently taps him.

"Huh? Give me more minutes, I didn't get a good sleep." He murmured shutting his eyes tighter while he snuggled into his blanket.

"Let him be, I guess he must be exhausted, when he wakes up tell him I stopped...

"Mom!?" Once he heard her voice, he sprang up from the couch with a surprised look.

"Mom, you are here?"

"Yeah, I thought to visit since you didn't bother to visit me, but I can see you are busy." She smiled taking a glance at Hanan who still had an anxious look as she stood at a corner of the room hearing them talk.

"It's not what it seems mom, I've just been choked up with office duties, let's step out." He smiled while taking her hand.

"I will be on my way, what's your name again?" She turns to face her.

"It's Hanan ma."

"Hanan." She gave a warm smile saying the name like it was her first time hearing her name.

"Yes, ma." Hanan smiled back.

"Bye, I hope to see you again." She waves walking out with her son which gives Hanan a huge relief.

"Woah! That was the most nerve-wracking minutes of my life!" She gasped inhaling and exhaling continuously. She felt she was suffocating and had just gotten her chance to breathe again.

"I should get out of here." She Mutters fetching her stuff into her bag, takes a quick shower all dressed up in fresh clothes, she picks up her phone to receive several DM's.

Several messages from Nanny Ann and Abdul enquiring about her whereabouts. She feels tempted to reply to their countless texts but she can't, not until she gets her accommodation and job, she is done being a leech.

"Already dressed?" Faruk returned observing her changed outfit.

"Yep, I only needed a place to lay for the night." She smiled.

"And it's just 7, we should have breakfast before we leave."

"Can we get that at the office?"

"Okay." He smiled observing her restless look.