18

"Just my luck," Hanan mumbled rushing out of the house to get soaked again under a heavy downpour.

She ran under the rain searching for a shelter but there wasn't any, other than the few trees around and the street lamp which helped her see the road clearly, she couldn't even hear any sound aside from the heavy raindrops and the cricket sounds that made her shiver.

She shivered not because of the cold but because of fear, she fears that she is vulnerable and prone to danger at the moment.

In haste she went under a tree, pulling her phone to see if she could order an Uber but again, she was unlucky as her phone was dead.

"My God! What should I do?" She mutters folding her arms while she rubs them. "Should I go back?" she glanced at the route that leads back to Faruk's house but quickly, she shoved the idea.

"I can't, I just hope the rain stops soon." She sighed biting her nails nervously.

"God please protect me, send me a helper." She prayed and decided to wait for the rain to stop.

But minutes turned hours and yet Hanan was standing under the tree in her soaked dress. Cold had slipped into her skin making her teeth chatter while she shivered.

She knew if she kept waiting it wouldn't yield her any good so she decided to walk further in search of a lift, but every car she waved at didn't bother to stop.

The cold was becoming unbearable, as the rain was now accompanied by a heavy windstorm, making all the trees sway more breeze.

"I should get to the main road, I might get a ride there." She mumbled and began to run.

Just then, a car honked at her, she turned to see the car flashing its light in her direction while it sped towards her and the next thing she felt were flashbacks.

Flashbacks of that miserable day she almost lost her life, the day she hated the most.

Instantly, she squatted shutting her eyes, and began to let out heavy screams which got Nanny Ann running to her with an umbrella.

"Hanan!" Nanny Ann raised her from the ground observing her face perplexed by fear and confusion as she gasped at the car.

"That car, it's the same...

"Hanan?" Nanny Ann says again cupping her face gently. "It's me." She smiled at her.

"You're here?" Hanan looked baffled at her as she finally acknowledged her presence.

"Yes, let's go into the car it's raining." She says pulling her hand to go but Hanan refuses.

"That car belongs to him." She muttered staring at the car.

"What?" Nanny Ann replied.

"That's Najib's car, that's the car that hit me...

"Hanan! This is not the right time for this, let's go it is already late and it's raining, this car is an Uber, not Najib's." She replied.

And in a short while, they were riding home.

Hanan was still in fear as she was certain that the car she was riding in was either the car or the exact type that drove her over three years back.

She was laying her head in Nanny Ann's lap so she couldn't see who was driving as the person wore completely dark clothes.

A black hoodie, black pants, black face cap, even a black nose mask and glasses.

"What is he?" Hanan wondered while she raised her gaze to see Nanny Ann staring at her.

She smiled and then raised her head away.