5

Before 6 pm, Hanan was getting ready in a floral silk dress, with a vintage scarf tied to her hair, She took her time to select the perfect shoe to complete her look.

Scanning through her closet, she picks a white pair of heels with a bright smile.

She remembers the shoe to be the first item she bought from her first salary back when she used to work part-time in a coffee shop in America.

Glossing her lips and spraying more perfume she strolls out to meet everyone beautifully dressed just like she is.

"Nanny Ann is that you?" Hanan chuckles giving her a side hug.

"I should be asking you that!" Nanny Ann laughs back scanning her from head to toe in admiration.

"You look too pretty my dear." Nanny Ann praises.

"A dinner at a 5-star restaurant with both of you deserves this look, so thanks." She smiled in return.

"Okay, Let's go!" Abdul who was standing by a corner admiring his two ladies calls their attention.

"Abdul you look dashing I must say!" Hanan compliments him as they strolled out.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"Ugh! It's because of you he dressed this nice today, he hardly has time to look this good." Nanny Ann sighed as they got into the car.

"Why? Wait I don't even wanna hear what the reason is coz I'm sure it's related to work as usual, but now that I'm back I won't let you look less than you look now."

"Okay! Enough of me, so girls, what will you love to eat?" Abdul asks as they hit the road.

"Whatever Hanan wants is fine by me." Nanny Ann replies.

" Okay, We should get some local food, I've missed them badly, I hardly get those back in school."

"Okay, I know a good restaurant for local dishes," Abdul replies.

And in a few minutes thanks to Abdul's speed they arrived at their destination.

"A Bite&more" Was bodily carved on the building.

Hanan reads it out in admiration.

"You know this place? They recently opened a branch here." Abdul says.

"No, it reminded me of a friend."

"Is it the tall dimpled guy who introduced himself as your friend at the airport?" He asks.

"Yeah! How did you guess it right? Faruk loves saying A bite and more whenever we have lunch together back in school."

"Okay, so can we go in and have a bite and more?" Abdul chuckled leading the way into the fancy restaurant.

They got in to meet several people salivating different delicacies that instantly made Hanan's mouth watery.

They soon found their spot in the restaurant and settled for Amala, Ewedu, and Gbegiri soup loaded with beef, fish, and pomo just like Hanan craved.

Despite living in America for 3 years, there are a few things she couldn't let go of, one of them was enjoying her meals with her hand instead of using cutlery like everyone is doing at the moment.

She ordered a bowl of water, washed her hands, and soon dug into her food.

"Yum!" She smiled scooping a handful into her mouth.

Abdul watches her enjoy her food in satisfaction, As he helps her unwrap the second wrap of Amala, a familiar voice calls her name.

She turns to see the person she never expected to see at the moment smiling at her.