22

There he stood across the hall, leaning against the wall with both legs crossed and hands tucked into his pocket, he stared at her.

With a poker face, he kept staring which made Hanan super anxious and uncomfortable, quickly she moved her gaze to Abdul.

"I think I should leave now." She whispered to him.

"Let me drop you home."

"No stay, they need you around, I will find my way home." She smiled turning to leave, she saw Faruk's parent running to them which made her stop.

She stopped to greet them.

With a smile, she says "Good evening...
but she was treated like she was invincible.

They both walk past her ignoring her greeting and presence which stung Hanan's self-esteem, but she shrugs it off with a smile.

"They must be too tensed to notice her around." She affirmed.

"Where is he, how is he?" Faruk's dad says rushing to Najib.

"Uncle, Aunty, welcome, he is undergoing surgery presently." Najib sighed.

"I'm sorry, we were shocked and worried when we got the news, so we came." Faruk's Mother says while she joins Hajiya in her seat.

"Stop crying, everything will be fine." She says hugging Hajiya who is crying profusely.

"Things can't be fine as long as this girl remains here, please leave!" Hajiya yelled, pointing angrily at Hanan which made everyone stare at her.

"Leave this place!" She yelled again this time it startled Hanan beyond words.

It made her feel humiliated as everyone's gazes were now pinned on her, including Najib, he didn't say a word in her defense, he was just quiet, but it didn't affect her as she wasn't expecting him to defend her, he probably doesn't need her presence too.

"Hanan, let's leave." Abdul sighed holding her hand but she gently pulled away.

"I will leave, you stay, bye." She smiled and turned to see Faruk hastening towards her.

She hastened her step away but once they got to each other, he firmly held her hand, too tight that she couldn't free herself.

"What are you doing?" She whispered to him.

"You don't deserve to be treated that way."

"So? Mind your business." She sighed with an eye roll.

"Too bad I'm not good at doing that when it comes to you." He smirked and pulled her with him.

"Faruk please," Hanan mumbled hitting his hand off while observing everyone's gazes on them, their faces all looked displeased, especially Faruk's Father and Najib's.

If looks could kill, she probably would have died a million times right now.

"Hello family, good evening everyone." Faruk waved flashing his teeth at Najib, he pulled her closer and wrapped his hands around her waist which made him glare at them.

"Faruk please stop it," Hanan whispers.

She felt very uncomfortable while plastering a fake smile across her face, she pinched his hand to get them away but it didn't seem to affect or stop Faruk from doing what he wanted.

In fact, he was motivated more.

"Baby let me." He winked at her and turned to face the entire family.

"Allow me to introduce you to my girlfriend...

"What?!" Abdul gasped looking at Hanan, he sought answers.