Chapter 10. Yes, I Will

Trigger Warning: Attempted SA

Audrey's POV

"I'd love to take you out on a date. Call me❤️" with Scarlett's phone number right below the words.

That's the message I saw on my cup when I grabbed my order. The heat on my face felt as if someone had set it on fire, so I knew that I was blushing. Hard.

The feeling of soaring high up in the sky lasted until I climbed into my car and pulled away from the parking lot. My mind began to clear as I remembered about Andrew. Andrew, my boyfriend. What the fuck am I going to do? I said "yes" to a woman who asked me out on a date while I'm still in a relationship. I hated cheating. No, I despised it, and even considered emotional feelings towards another person, or even simply thinking about someone else, as cheating.

While I was waiting at a red light, I decided to call my best friend Vivian. Even though she doesn't exactly give the best advice in regards to my moral values, her words still create an impact on me.

"Hey Audrey. What's up?" She answered, picking up on the second ring.

"She asked me out Viv," I breathed, barely containing my mix of joy and doubt in my voice.

"Wait, what? She did? What did you say? I hope you said yes!" Vivian asked excitedly.

"Well, that's the problem."

"What do you mean? We are talking about Scarlett, right? That barista?"

"Yes. I just don't know what to do. I don't think I can--"

"Wait why? From what you told me, she's a beautiful redhead, your favorite type of woman, who asked you out on a date..." Viv interrupted me. There was a short pause before she resumed. "Hold on. Are you still with that shithead Andrew?"

"Yeah... That's what I called you for. I don't know what to do. As far as I know, he has no clue about any of this, and I'm overwhelmed with guilt. You know how I feel about cheating," I sighed, not even attempting to hide the trepidation in my voice.

"Girl, I've told you a million times before. Break up with that asshole. He doesn't deserve you, and you deserve to be with someone who makes you feel the way the redhead does." She  huffed. I could tell she was sick and tired of telling me this over and over again.

"It's not that easy, Viv. He is not going to just let me walk away, especially if I tell him it's because I found someone else. And a woman at that," I pointed out as I pulled up to the front of my apartment complex.

"You know that I can and will be your backup when you do break up with him," Vivian assured me. "Look, just go on the date with Scarlett and see where and how things go. Don't let some shithead male prevent you from meeting your destiny."

"I guess I will just have to think about it a little bit more," I replied as I parked my car.

"Don't think about it. Just do it."

"I'll think about it Viv. Look, I gotta go. I'll talk to you tomorrow," I responded as I stepped out of my Audi.

"Okay, Audrey. And remember what I told you."

I rolled my eyes.

"I know you rolled your eyes," Vivian huffed.

"Ugh, bye Viv."

As soon as I put my phone away in my bomber jacket and opened the backdoor of my car, Andrew approached me from the apartment sidewalk.

"Hey, princess," he greeted, grabbing my waist and giving me a kiss on the lips.