Chapter 28. You're Not Like The Other Girls I've Been With, Babygirl

When I woke up this morning, I felt amazing. And not in that "oh, yay, it's another day" way. No, it was the "I just had the best sex last night" one.

Scarlett was still asleep when I got up at 5am, her arm wrapped around me and her body pressed against me. We were both still naked, and the warmth of her skin against mine was not something I wanted to leave any time soon. If I didn't need to follow my normal routine and work, I would just lie in her arms until the end of the world.

Scarlett's apartment was neither too big or small, but it's definitely designed for only two people to live comfortably, not three. And I knew that something about the living situation would need to be done. What exactly, I didn't know at the moment. Speaking of... what if Scarlett's roommate came in last night and heard us? My face burned up at the thought of her hearing me scream, which I knew I did even though I'm not much of a screamer. Except for when I'm with Scarlett.

By 6:30 AM, I was done with my shower, outfit change, and was making my usual breakfast smoothie of a variety of greens and fruits when Scarlett appeared in the kitchen.

She didn't even look tired. Sure, her gorgeous red hair was a little messy, and her eyes had minor bags underneath, but despite all that, it's as if she had just stepped from a magazine.

"Good morning, baby." Scarlett smiled. She approached and placed a kiss on my lips before glancing behind me. "You're making a smoothie?"

"Yep," I answered with extra cheerfulness as I pointed to the boiling pot on the stove. "I'm actually making some coffee for you. I was going to bring it to you. You know... I-I thought I'd... um...treat you to some breakfast in bed."

"You're so cute when you get all flustered like that." Scarlett licked her lips. " And you and I both know what kind of breakfast in bed I'd much rather prefer." She smirked with a twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

"Scarlett..." I rolled my eyes as heat crept up my face.

"Let me make you something decent though," she added. She replaced the boiling coffee with a frying pan and turned the heat up.

"A smoothie is a decent breakfast," I protested.

"Not in my opinion." Scarlett poured olive oil on the hot pan, the liquid immediately sizzling on impact. "You're at my place, so you're going to be served something better than some pulpy drink."

I wasn't in the mood to argue, so instead I just leaned back against the counter while I observed her. She cut two perfect slices of whole grain bread and placed them on the sizzling pan. The delicious smell of toasted bread filled the room as my stomach slightly growled.

"See? Your stomach agrees with me," Scarlett grinned as she flipped the two pieces before taking out an avocado and what looked like goat cheese from the fridge.

With the speed of a professional chef, she prepared the food. Before I knew it, a plate of two slices of toasted bread with avocado spread and goat cheese appeared before me. The smell was tantalizing, but my stubborn mind wanted to stick to my smoothie.

"I'm okay, babe," I said. "I'd rather not disturb my normal routine. You should eat it. It looks amazing and toasty, just like you."

Her smile widened as she stepped closer to me.

"As much as that sounds flattering, I'm not letting you go off without taking a bite." She folded her arms with a pout.

I sighed. "You know I can't say no to that face..."

"Then it's working." She grinned. I glared at her before setting down my cup and taking the plate from her.

I bit into the toast, the crunchy texture of the perfect toast and velvety taste of avocados exploding on my tongue as I chewed the food.