Chapter 11. First Time

Scarlett's POV

"1274 Crescent Heights," I muttered to myself as I checked the Google Maps and made sure that I was going in the right direction.

I pulled up to a luxurious apartment complex surrounded by gorgeous bushes of roses and other various flowers. Magnificent palm trees stood proudly at the entrance of the building, their leaves softly waving in the light breeze.

I caught sight of Audrey already standing on the curb and when she noticed me, she smiled and waved. As I drove nearer in my 2019 Mercedes Benz G-Class Wagon that my father had bought for me on my twenty-first birthday, I was mesmerized by the sight of Audrey's beauty.

Her luscious blonde hair with wispy bangs hung loosely around her shoulders and shaped her face even more beautifully than before. She had on a brown blazer over a white button-down shirt, black jeans, and black heeled boots. It made me feel a bit overdressed in my black square shoulder jacket, white silk blouse, white trousers, and black pumps.

I heard the car sound off the sensor detector and I abruptly pressed on the brakes, nearly hitting the curb during my distraction. I brushed down my curled red hair to make sure nothing was sticking out in a mess as I parked the car, and before Audrey could walk up to the passenger side, I quickly rushed out of the car and opened the door for her.

"Oh, you don't need to do that," Audrey nervously chuckled.

"Don't worry. It's my pleasure," I warmly smiled as she stepped inside the car and I closed the door.

"You look beautiful," I added after I climbed back inside the car and put on my seatbelt.

"Thank you," she beamed. "You look amazing yourself."

"I know," I grinned, and she laughed.

We drove in silence for about five minutes. I guess we were both just too nervous to talk or say anything. Eventually the silence was too stressful, so I decided to put on some music from my Spotify playlist and 'Knock You Down' by Keri Hilson began to play.

"Oh, that's one of my favorite songs!" Audrey exclaimed.

"Sounds like we're already connecting," I remarked with a smile. I peered over at her and noticed that she was blushing.

Two minutes later, I turned into the driveway that led to Cecconi's West Hollywood, one of the best high-end restaurants in West Hollywood.

"Oh, um..." Audrey said nervously as I drove the car up to the valet. "This is a really expensive place. I mean, I haven't been able to go here like... ever."

"It's no problem. I told you that I'll be paying for dinner," I reassured her as I climbed out of the car and handed the keys to the valet.

"You're sure?" she hesitated as she stared at the restaurant.

"I'm sure," I assured her with an amused smile as I placed my hand on the small of her back and led her inside. "It will be fine. Don't be nervous. I want to treat you to an exclusive experience."

I could see her blush again and bite her lip, her blue eyes looking at me like the sky on a warm, sunny day, which was so cute that it warmed my "cold heart" as Carmen described it and melted any ice that supposedly was left there.

Yes, this restaurant is very expensive, but I wanted to show Audrey that I have no problem in spending money in order to provide her with the best experience.

"Welcome back, Ms. Seydoux!" A woman at the reservation desk greeted us with a welcoming smile as we walked in. "Your table is right over there." She pointed towards an empty table with two chairs in the far corner of the restaurant. "I hope you two enjoy your experience at Cecconi's," she added, giving me a small wink.