38 - Islendingadunk (Kieran)

Naomi insisted they visit the harbour where a large white PVC pipe protruded from the side of the dock a few meters above the water. Two men in lifejackets sat on it and clutched bulky rectangular black bags. The sizeable crowd cheered as they alternated swinging the cloth bags at each other while balancing on the pipe. A Filipino guy took a big swing that landed on his opponent's shoulder, sending them into the lake. Everyone applauded the winner.

Naomi smiled like the rest of the audience. "They coat the pipe in soap, so it's extra slippery."

"Sounds fun." He hoped the sarcasm came through, as he did not love the eager glint in her eye.

She laughed. "Fun enough to try?"

Kieran let out a nervous chuckle, unsure if she was teasing him or serious. "I wouldn't go that far."

She tucked her hand in her pocket and ran the other behind her neck, nudging out two royal blue strings. "That's a shame. I picked out this cute bikini top for nothing."

That pout looked strategic, but he could resist.

"We'll go to the beach. You can suntan."

"That sounds boring."

Another pair shuffled their way onto the battle pipe.

He shook his head. "It's more interesting to knock people into freezing lakes?"

"I like competitive sports, and the lake isn't that cold. Please?" Those hopeful eyes and cute grin would be the death of him.

The worst that would happen was he'd embarrass himself in front of a crowd of people to make his girlfriend happy. She seemed like she'd be overjoyed to win or to be knocked off. The pipe might break while he was on it, although one of the current competitors was comparable in size to Kieran. He could do this. Naomi sounded interested in being half-naked with him, and while he wished it wasn't for a well-spectated aquatic game, it was good this situation put no sexual pressure on her. Although, it would distract the hell out of him, even if she covered up with a lifejacket.

"If it's that important to you."

Her excited yell and her leap into his embrace convinced him he'd made the right choice. Once she'd signed up, they found a spot further back at the harbour. They had at least twenty other pairs to wait for before their turn. The excitement of the battles drew in more spectators. Kieran hoped they would lose interest by the time their time came.

Naomi played with the hem of her shirt and darted her gaze to him for a second.

"If you're uncomfortable, you don't have to do that."

"You don't want me to?" Her wide-eyed stare met his.

"Those are two very different things. What you want is more important with your body."

"And if I want to do this?" She pulled the fabric past her belly button, revealing the subtle curve of her hips and a flat stomach. A quick look at her face confirmed she still wore a confident smile.

He grinned back. "Then I fully endorse it."

She kept lifting her shirt until it caught on her ponytail, and he helped her free it. While biting her lip, she looked up at him with adorable nervousness. Royal blue was a nice bold colour against her creamy skin. He tried not to stare at her perky boobs and the gentle curves of her cleavage. Despite his attempts to refocus his thoughts, his body betrayed him.

"You look amazing."

Her eyes brightened. "Yeah?"

He chuckled as her question had the most obvious answer. "Absolutely. My ego is a bit relieved you don't have abs."