43 - Lake Thrills (Naomi)

Just a heads up, this chapter and next week's, get a bit intimate.  There are no sex scenes, it's all consensual and positive, but the intensity is a bit higher (maybe?). I wanted to explore that dynamic in an ace/allo relationship and how it might differ or have some similarities with what's conventionally shown in allosexual romance books. 

It's also important to note that this is one ace person's experience and that each ace person's comfort level is different and valid :) Anyway, if you want to skip the scene, the second part of the chapter after the second set of stars is mainly about waterskiing. 

***

Naomi's flip-flops clapped on stone as she trotted down the steps leading to the dock where Kieran rested in a lounging chair. Brinny had mentioned she'd meet them by the lake later on, which Naomi took as a sign that her and Kieran's arrival had interrupted Brinny and Ian's intimacy. It would give Naomi and Kieran time to enjoy each other's company.

She smiled as she imagined his reaction to the bikini she'd packed in a moment of boldness. Given how the forest sheltered the swimming area and dock from Brinny's neighbours, Naomi had the perfect opportunity to wear it. It was terrible for watersports as it hardly covered more than it needed to, refused to stay put unless she did, and tied up everywhere, at the neck, back and hips. Luke had loved it, both because it was flattering and an unspoken signal she was open to being more physically intimate with him.

She and Kieran hadn't discussed that, and she wasn't ready to spend their afternoon like she suspected Ian and Brinny were. But she'd be fine if she and Kieran went a little further than usual. The lake water was dark enough that if the top of her bikini came untied underwater, no one but Kieran would notice. The thought of his reaction gave her a rush.

She handed him his towel, and he left it on the lounge chair. As he approached, bringing his warmth and the citrus and cedar scent of his body wash, she prickled with excitement. He pushed her ponytail away from her neck, skimming her sensitive skin with his soft fingertips.

"This is different." He raised an eyebrow as he played with the cord-like strings of her red bikini.

"This space is a lot more private than Gimli." Knowing that Kieran always respected her boundaries gave her more confidence to use a suggestive tone. He stared at her like he longed to make a move, but waited.

"I love the sound of that." His voice got all raspy and deep, making her stomach flip.

"I hoped you would." She set her towel next to his and went to remove her tank top, still maintaining eye contact, but he stopped her.

"Say no if it makes you uncomfortable, but can I do that?"

"Take off my shirt?"

"Yeah."

"Sure?"

Lines deepened on his forehead as his stare grew less intense. "Is that an uneasy sure or a confused one?"

"You just want to do that?"

"Yes, and touch your stomach, your back, your shoulders. Only if it's okay."

That softness in his voice, coupled with his hopeful look, made her skin tingle in anticipation. It had felt good when his hands glided over her. Plus, he wasn't the type of guy who'd get too intense without her consent.

"Yes." She lifted her arms above her head, but he guided them around his neck and pressed his forehead to hers.

"There's no rush." His hand ran down the side of her fitted tank top, sending pleasant tremors in its wake. He stayed clear of her breasts then rested his hands on her hips. His thumbs traced slow, calming circles over her hipbones. She breathed at a relaxed pace, almost in sync with his. They enjoyed another minute of closeness before his long fingers shifted from her waist to the hem of her top. They grazed the exposed skin between her shirt and shorts. A quick sigh escaped her lips as an electrifying tickle shot through her.