CHAPTER 6: Talk with parents (Part 2)

Meera's pov-

It was a normal Friday. I was in school reading about children's progress from last week and what I can do to improve their conditions. But my mind hasn't been cooperating with me for the last few days. It always wanders and goes back to the day when I met Krsh.

I know it sounds crazy and bizarre but only the thought of him makes me feel tingly and a shiver runs down my whole body. I just can't explain it, the way he respects and understands what I do and the way he gives me that smile. I swear that smile might have killed many hearts, I just felt so comfortable. This is the first time and after many years that I am feeling comfortable with the opposite gender, first time I feel that I can trust that person whole heartedly without any fear of being judged.

When he asked if I was fine when I hit my head, I just felt blushing, like this was the only time I got to embarrass myself and he only asked, why am I blushing so much at that. He was treating me like I am some delicate doll and nobody can harm me. I liked the way he was protecting me and always making sure that I should feel comfortable and safe around him since nobody has ever done that to me.

And his voice was like, God!!!! It should be a crime to have such a voice like he has such deep, demanding voice yet it has a calming and soothing tone in it. Whenever he speaks, I can only focus on two things: his voice and his eyes.

Shit this is wrong Meera, what if he thinks you are a nuisance and childish girl who doesn't even know how to walk properly. I know I am getting too deep into it but now it is not the time to focus on things like this.

When Vishaka was taking me away from them, I don't know but I felt like turning back and seeing him one last time and looking at him I automatically had a smile on my face. When we came I asked Vishaka about Raghav and she said she needed time to think. I don't know why but I wasn't satisfied with her answer because the Vishaka I know is spontaneous, she knows what she wants, she doesn't think about the aftermath but I couldn't do much and focused my mind on other things.

I came back to reality and found it was already 5 in the evening. I quickly packed my bag and made my way home.

.............................................................................

It took me almost two hours to reach since I got busy buying groceries and walking home. I changed my clothes and got freshen quickly to make my way for making dinner and called Rohan to help me in it.

By the time baba came back from the shop the food was ready and we all made our way to the table. I can see that Baba is tense about something, so I asked him, "Baba, is everything fine at the shop? You are looking very tense."

"Nothing beta, everything is fine at the shop. It's just today a marriage proposal came for you."

I wandered my eyes towards Rohan and then back at him. Suddenly I felt myself being still, and the thought of Krsh came to my mind like I am betraying him in some form. I don't want to focus on that right now so to distract myself I asked him to elaborate.

He said, "You have met him once. I have also found out about him and his family and everything is good about them. You will be happy there. It's just the thought of you getting married is making me a little tense like I have some savings but still if they ask something from us will we be able to give them?"

I looked at him bewildered, "Baba, if you are saying that they are good then why will they ask us something and also I am telling you if you want me to get married it will only be without any dowry and all. And who is this person?"

"Krsh Singhania, you have met him when you went with Vishaka to meet Raghav. His father, Raj Singhania is asking to meet us on this Sunday. If it is okay with you, then I will proceed through this meeting."

I swear my eyes will come out from the socket with the news they keep receiving. I can't believe that his father has sent a proposal for him. I composed myself and said, "If you think this is right baba then I am fine with it."

Before Baba can speak, Rohan interrupted, "But baba, don't you think something is not right. I mean why a boy like Krsh will like this billi (cat) who always runs to kill and beat someone."

"Hawww, you donkey, how can you say that to your sister. Wait, I will tell you how this billi will kill and beat someone."

He stood up and ran towards the hall and I ran after him. This run and catch was going until Baba came and stopped us from killing each other.

"Okay enough of this, Rohan, don't you have to study for the exams that are coming soon and Meera bete (child) I am proud of you that you are so understanding and giving this family a chance. I am getting this feeling that Krsh is the boy whose destiny is written with you. He will keep you happy and will always stay with you. You should also go and take rest,"

He patted my head and I smiled, showing my tongue to Rohan. I wished good night to baba and then ran off to my room.

I closed the door of my room and then went to my study table and took out my diary from the drawer attached to the table. I usually am not so devoted to journaling but when there are multiple thoughts that can't be stored in my mind I make my way to writing all the pent up thoughts, feelings , emotions literally everything which is troubling me.

I just can't believe that a marriage proposal came from the man who has been on my mind from the time I left that restaurant. I can feel my cheeks heating up and blush coming from just the thought of him. I closed my diary and went to my bed with the book I am currently reading which was 'The Final Offer' by Lauren Asher. Although I have read it before also, it is just one of my comforting books, I just love it so much.

After completing half of it I decided to sleep although I didn't want to but I also love sleep very much so decided to get into another world through dreams.

.

.

It was Sunday, meaning the d- day when the Singhania family is going to come. Yesterday went so fast in shopping and cleaning the house, I didn't even realize when I slept. Today also is going very fast in making preparations for the one coming to see me. I also talked with Sakshi about this and she helped me a lot in lessening my nervous self and is also coming today to get me ready.

But in all this I am also missing ma, I wonder what would be her reaction if she listened to this news, what would she say to me. I can feel my eyes getting glossy so before anyone can see I pushed those tears back and forced my mind on the things left to do.

They will be coming in the afternoon at 2 and it is already 10. As the time for them to come is coming closer I can feel the palpitations in my heart rising and sweat coming on the side of my forehead.

All types of thoughts are coming and going in my mind. I just pray to God that everything goes well and if baba likes Krsh then I too will not have any problem in getting married to him.

Oh God!!!! Just the thought of getting married to Krsh is making me feel all types of butterflies in my stomach. Before they could make me feel more tingly, I went off to see if all the work was done or not.

Baba was in the shop and will come soon with the sweets and Rohan was helping me in cleaning and now went to get ready as if they are coming to see him.

I was waiting for Sakshi to come and help me get ready. I got up to open the door and found Baba and Sakshi coming inside. Baba was telling her to make me as beautiful as possible in this limited time.

I sighed looking towards them and Baba told me to get ready soon as there is not much time left and they will come soon.

I took Sakshi with me by holding her hand and closed the door. I looked towards her and asked, "Now tell me what I should wear?" with my hands on my hips.

How was the chapter guys? What do you think their meeting will turn out to be?

Tell me your honest thoughts. Don't forget to vote, comment, share and hit that follow button!

Enjoy reading!!!!!