Chapter 26: Trying to make amends

Enjoy reading!💕

Meera's pov

I reached home the next day in the early morning. As I was entering I turned around to catch him. Yes, I know Krsh has been following me through the whole journey. I caught him late at night when he was standing near the gate of the compartment, but I didn't say anything because on one side I was not ready to face him still and the other side was nervous to see him ignoring me again. But by the time I reached home, I decided to confront him with a lot of courage.

And here he was still looking fresh and handsome as ever and acting as if he didn't know me. I sighed, "Krsh I know you've been following me. Why are you doing this? Actually I don't want to know. I came back and now you can go back to where you belong. You are not free anyways, many people depend on you. And I also need to go back to my work ...."

I couldn't even complete what I wanted to say further and he interrupted me, "But I depend on you, my angel. Please, please give me one chance. Be angry with me, I am not complaining, but please talk to me, don't give me this silent treatment. I can bear with anything but not you being silent. Okay, first you get freshen up, go to your work and then afterwards we will talk about all this. Till then, I will not disturb you a bit. I promise."

I didn't stop him when he was going away, even though I wanted to voice out my thoughts. But then baba came and saw him, so he called him. And now here we all are in the living room. Baba had strictly told him if he is going to stay in the town, he has to stay in this house only. And he told him that till the time he is going to be here, he can treat my room as his own. And the audacity of Krsh, he was, he was giving this toothy smile to me as if he had won something grand.

I closed my eyes and composed myself to not lash out on him here. I told baba I am going to my room and baba was also not paying attention to me. He just nodded and I stood there wide mouth like he had stolen baba from me. This is not at all fair, when did they get so close. Okay, calm down Meera, just go from here before this becomes a battleground. I stopped when I saw Rohan coming downstairs. I was happy to see him and he also smiled but I was so wrong. This donkey without sparing me a glance straight went towards Krsh and hugged him like they were long lost buddies. I was so wrong, how can they just ignore me like I don't even exist.

I stomped my foot without making any noise and went from there. How can they? They never did this. It is like Krsh is their son and brother. When did this even happen? I am so confused, what the hell is happening around me. I was just going to the washroom when I heard a ping on my phone. I opened it to see and the ground slipped from my feet. I was shivering visibly seeing the message. 'Stay away from Krsh and break this marriage alliance, or else I will kill him and you know me sweetheart that I can. And if you tell him anything then the worse will happen to him.'

Abhay, only he had the guts to send something like this to me. The other day when I had a panic attack, the reason was him. I saw him near the school. Only him being near me gives me shock and panic and now this. I don't understand why he has come back now. Wasn't he happy and satisfied destroying my life enough? What does he want now? I need a break from all this.

I went in the shower and spent twenty minutes which I didn't even realize. I am fed up and feeling so exhausted. I need to get away from here. I got ready quickly in a simple suit of light lavender color and only applied lip balm and kajal and put on a few bangles.

 I got ready quickly in a simple suit of light lavender color and only applied lip balm and kajal and put on a few bangles