Chapter 28: Tough times

Enjoy reading!💕

Meera's pov

Raghav bhai and I reached Mumbai in the early morning by flight. Rohan wanted to come but I denied him since there should be someone with baba to take care of him. The whole journey I was silently crying and praying that he should be  safe.

Raghav bhaiya consoled me and was with me all the time but I want Krsh to be there with me. Stay strong Meera, he has promised he will come back, he has to. We reached the hospital just after half an hour of landing in Mumbai. I am trying very hard to not burst out and be calm but as the time is going, I am losing my sanity.

Is this what someone feels when their beloved is not near them? Is this how much painful it feels like getting your heart ripped into pieces. Please God, save him, take my life instead of him but do not let something happen to him.

We reached where he was admitted. I saw everyone except dadi and Viraj bhai. I immediately went to ma and she hugged me providing the much needed warmth. Meera, you have to stay strong for him and his family. I made her sit on the bench kept outside the ICU and assured her that nothing will happen to her son. He knows how to win these situations like her.

I saw Shanaya standing with the support of a wall and went near her. And the strong facade she was holding in front of everybody broke when I hugged her, I felt the tears on my shoulder. I rubbed her back since she was crying and choking at the same time. I made her and papa also sit since he was also holding himself for the sake of everybody.

Shanaya sat beside ma and baba beside Revathi bua opposite to them. Raghav bhai has gone to talk with some doctors I guess. I asked them to eat something and with so much persistence they had to agree. I also asked Revathi bua if she liked something, though she was not happy to see me here which was visible on her face, she restrained herself because of the situation and said no to me and that whatever I will bring will be the poison only.

Papa stopped her to at least see the place and situation and then speak. I went towards the hospital canteen and brought some sandwiches and tea. After making them eat, I was standing with the support of a wall and waiting.

It must have been another two hours passed, when the doctor came moving his surgical cap. Everybody ran to him asking how he is, is he awake or not. He told us that the operation was successful, his head has been injured severely due to the airbag not opening on time and due to this there is a lot of blood loss, his right hand is fractured and small scratches are there on his body. Though the surgery went well, he slipped into a coma.

Listening to this everybody gasped, ma was crying hysterically and Revathi bua was handling her to calm down. Shanaya on the other hand hugged her father not being able to see him in this condition, papa though were standing strong but his eyes reflected how much pain he was in.

I was stunned, not being able to react to what the doctor was saying.

Doctor told us we can see him but only for a few minutes as the patient needs rest. Everybody went inside to see him, but my feet were glued to the ground. I can see him from the glass part of the door, lying motionless, his head and body wrapped in bandages. The regular beep of the monitor echoed through the room. His once cheerful and always radiating glow has now turned into a fragile and weak state.

I am not able to see him in this way, my heart is feeling heavy with worry and regret. I should have told him everything before. Then this would have not happened. Then he would have been here healthy and all smiling. It's all my fault that he is here.

I felt someone tapping on my shoulder and looked behind to see it was Raghav bhai, "Meera, come inside, why are you standing like this outside." He said.