Chapter 8: Decision

He nodded, "So, let's go back then."

I nodded my head and we both got up from our seats and went, but met Sakshi and Shanaya on our way back. Shanaya just smiled at me, while Sakshi took my hand and made us run to the way of our room. She closed the door and turned towards me. I just went to the window of my room and looked at the view it had to offer, which was the garden at the back of my house.

"So how did it go?" she asked me excitedly like a child getting chocolate.

"He is nice." I replied while playing with the curtains.

"Do you like him?"

I nodded my head slightly.

"Does it mean you are ready to marry him?"

I nodded my head again.

Before she could ask something more, somebody knocked on the door and it turned out it was baba.

He came towards me and kept his hand on my head. He said, "It's a yes, from their side beta (child), they are very nice and humble people. What is your answer? Do you want to take some time to think?"

"It is a yes from Meera too, uncle." Sakshi said.

I just looked at him and said in a whisper, "He is just like you baba."

He just smiled and patted my head and went to attend his family.

All the elders which included baba, Raj uncle and Sheela aunty along with the panditji baba have called on a short notice to discuss the wedding dates and how the preparations will take place. I was in the kitchen with Sakshi preparing snacks while Rohan was accompanying Krsh and Shanaya.

As the dinner was done, it was time for them to go as they had to catch a flight which was early in the morning so they had to travel in the night only to reach the airport.

Everybody was standing on the porch and I was at the door. Raj uncle hugged baba and said, "It was so nice meeting you Ashkoji, wish we could have more time to know you and panditji also have given the date for marriage after 6 months, it's so long."

Baba also smiled as in agreeing with him, "Yes it is so true."

Suddenly Rohan jumped in between, "I have a suggestion, why don't we go on a trip somewhere for a few days, you will also get to know each other and the bride and groom will also get the chance to know."

Both of them nodded their heads in understanding and Raj uncle said, "So it's done Ashokji, we will go on a trip. Rohan, you suggest to me the places we can go and I will make the preparations." Baba shaked his head in yes and told him if he needs any help he can do that.

I was smiling listening to all of them when suddenly, Sakshi came and started dragging me with her. "Sakshi, what are you doing? Everybody is outside and why are you taking me to the terrace?"

"Just come with me and you will get to know why." she replied.

As we reached I could see a tall silhouette and realized it was none other than Krsh. he was leaning with the support of the handle, crossing his arms and legs and looking towards the entrance. He straightened himself when he saw us coming towards him.

I put my eyes down and Sakshi said, "See jijaji (brother-in-law), I have done your work now it will be your turn when I will need any help you are the one I will be running to."

"No worries saaliji (sister-in-law), it will be pleasure." he replied.

I had a slight smile listening to their talks, it seems like everybody gets along with him, after all he makes the person so comfortable with him that anybody can talk with him freely. Sakshi went after listening to him.

"Sorry to call you like this but I didn't want to ask in front of everybody to meet you alone because I know you will get shy and will not be able to come so I have to do this." he said in a soft voice feeling guilty.

I didn't want him to feel like this so I just smiled looking at him giving him the sign it's alright. "I wanted to see you one last time before I go and also to ask for your phone number." he said while keeping his hand at the back of his neck.

I just couldn't believe it and didn't know what to say so I just kept my hand in front of him. He widened his eyes a little and then kept his phone in my hands. I typed my number and showed me that he saved my number as 'my angel'. I turned into a whole tomato with all the blushing and couldn't look at him again.

I can feel him coming to me closer and taking my hands into his which sent current through my body, he bent a little and came towards my right cheek and kept his lips for only a second but it felt like a whole minute for me and then he gave peck at both my knuckles of the hands and went from there. I can feel my heartbeats rising, I just can't believe what happened. I kept my hand on the cheek where he kissed me and smiled a little.

I went downstairs to everybody, I can see him sitting in the car in the driver's seat adjusting his mirror so that he can see me. I went towards Raj uncle and Sheela aunty to take their blessings and they both patted my head and asked them to call ma and papa. I just nodded at them because I can feel myself overwhelmed listening to their words so before I had my eyes filled with tears I moved towards Shanaya and she took me in a hug.

"It will be so much fun to be with you bhabhi, I can already feel it. Now there will be someone with me to tease my brother as well." I just turned crimson at the mention of him.

They all seated and as the car was going, Krsh turned his eyes in the mirror, feeling his intense gaze. I just looked down and played with my bangles. I wanted to look at him but, I don't know why I just got so conscious about myself and nervous.

Everybody was so tired that they all eventually went to their bedrooms. I also changed in a comfortable outfit to sleep in. Since it was late, Sakshi decided to live here only and slept as soon as she hit the bed. Meanwhile I was thinking of someone and in thoughts of him I don't know when I went into deep and peaceful slumber.

Share your honest thoughts on the chapter.🥰

Do vote, comment, share and follow me.♥️

Have a great day!💌

Enjoy reading!