Chapter 29: He is alive

Enjoy reading!💌

Meera's pov-

It's been fifteen days and he is lying on the bed just as the first day he was brought, motionless. I was in the garden of the hospital where there are many patients, some on wheelchairs, some who are doing their regular exercise. The garden is not very big but sufficient, a small fountain in the center, benches around the edges of the garden and along the boundary is the footpath for walking.

I was sitting on one of the benches taking in my surroundings. I talked with Baba and Rohan daily, but his health is also not well. I told him I should come but he refused saying that I should be here with Krsh and his family. And nobody can win with him so I daily gave Rohan the instructions and it is normal that he also sometimes gets irritated but what to do after mumma, I have this certain fear and I don't want to lose baba. Although it is just a fever but I don't know I just get scared thinking about it only.

Diverting my mind from negative thoughts in the morning, I am down because Krsh's family is with him right now. Papa didn't allow dadi to come because her health also deteriorated thinking about her grandson, she loves him so much, so Viraj bhaiya is with her. Since bua also came today, I didn't want any chance to make her angry so the best option was to be here.

I saw Raghav bhaiya coming towards me running, breathing and huffing at the same time. "Where is your phone?" He asked and I showed him by shaking the phone in my hand. "Then why didn't you pick it up?" He asked further to which I opened the phone to see but it didn't so I said, "Maybe it's battery die, sorry bhaiya." I was genuinely looking apologetic. He might need my help and here I was wandering my mind to places.

My thoughts came to a stop when he spoke further, "You should hurry up, Krsh has gained consciousness and is asking for you." My eyes widened and I have never run this fast in my entire life as I am right now that too in a hospital with Raghav bhaiya. The whole time my tears betrayed me but this time they were of relief and certain happiness.

My steps halted when I reached the door of his room. His family must be inside, I should wait till then. I started walking backwards with my front still at the room side. Raghav bhaiya patted my shoulders asking why I stopped and looking once again towards the room he understood what I was trying to convey. He got to know about the whole bua fiasco through dadi and even though he wanted to take action I stopped him.

He held my hands and started walking towards the room with me being literally dragged by him. I tried to stop him, but by that time it was too late. Everyone's eyes turned towards where we entered from, ma, papa and Shanaya were smiling, having tears of happiness, but Revathi bua was not looking towards us. I see ma giving some eye look to papa after which she stroked Krsh's head, asked him to take care and then they came towards us.

Ma hugged me and said to take care of myself to which I nodded. All this time I never once looked towards Krsh, because if I do then the tears which I have been holding back will flow and I don't want to cry in front of his family. After they went talking with Raghav bhaiya, he turned towards Krsh and said, "Here she is for whom you were dying to see and let me tell you she is more stubborn than you, was not ready to even come to your room. I have to literally drag her here. So I need my reward. Okay now I can see how eager you are to have her so here you go buddy and take a rest. Don't enjoy it much." And with that said he gave me a slight push and I looked back to give him deadly stares but he was gone already closing the door.

I told him not to tell anything to Krsh but at last he is his best friend, what can I expect. I can feel his stares on me giving rise to goosebumps on my body. "How long are you planning to stand there, love?" He asked and I turned around to find him forwarding his left hand and curling his fingers indicating me to come closer and like my body is not in my command he is controlling it, I went towards him.