Gojo Satoru name

Any time I had picked up a fanfics mostly from this site with a VERY good plot

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Any time I had picked up a fanfics mostly from this site with a VERY good plot. All the characters in the fanfic would refer Gojo as Gojo and not once ever mentioning his first name. Even Yaga and Suguru in these fanfics would call him Gojo which is out of character for those two. They are one of the few close to Gojo to call him Satoru.

You see, I don't mind if it's a few times occurrence with referring to him as Gojo from reader's standpoint but to continuously do so as you're writing a romance fanfic is unbearable. I get incredibly annoyed by it. I love it if reader calls him Satoru especially if they met during the hidden inventory arc and got close enough to gain the privilege to call him Satoru as well.

In Japanese culture it is polite to refer someone as their surname, yes. We see most of the students call him Gojo-sensei, except for Panda he's just built different. But the OC/Reader being paired with Gojo would only ever call him by his surname Gojo from the beginning to the end. It's actually mind blowing they'll even do the same with Suguru and call him Geto from beginning to end as well.

I've read some of the best fanfics where the OC/reader calls them by their first name which warms my heart instead of seeing Gojo, Gojo, Gojo constantly. It's annoying as if the authors believe that's his first name which it isn't.

I'll be real, most of the manga/anime the characters refer to each other by their surnames unless you're really close to that person. So Gojo's wife/girlfriend/love interest not once calling him Satoru is kind of stupid if you're suppose to be close to him.

All these fanfics are generally a drop/turn off for me. At least have your reader get closer to Gojo to call him Satoru. It would make the story a lot better.

Anyways that's my opinion

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Anyways that's my opinion. I prefer if authors use Satoru more in stories than constant using his surname Gojo.