Adding characteristics to reader fanfics are stupid

The only thing I can agree with is you can put a gender for the reader. THAT IS IT.

Sukuna x fem!reader ✅

Itadori x gn!reader ✅

Sukuna x black!reader ❌  (MAKE IT AN OC STORY PLEASE THAT IS ALL)

I need to discuss one thing about reader fanfics. I came across a Megumi fanfic with a good plot I was going to read, but the author changed the reader ethnicity to Latino and placed a warning in the prologue telling everyone "if you don't like it get out!" I don't MIND latinos at all, but I cannot imagine myself as one or a black person. Now for the author to change the reader ethnicity is quite the weirdest things for me. Idm if authors put "s/c" (skin colour) so other people can read and interpret however they want. I'm completely fine with that. I just cannot seem to read anything that has a specific ethnicity which is my stupid ass being picky idk why. If you want more readers, I would put more variety and let the readers depict their appearances. Or just literally make your character into an OC, because reader means we should be able to create our own fictional inserted characters.

Any appearance change for reader fanfics are not reader fanfics. That just an OC but you come up with a name. I hate these fanfics and don't enjoy them at all. Totally bad writing and people should stop this.

It's ALL over tumblr as well so that's why I decided to address this issue. It's for sure the dumbest thing an author can do in a reader fanfic.

So stop with changing the appearance of the reader

So stop with changing the appearance of the reader. That's an OC!

I have no problem with OC fanfics if the character has a different ethnicity. I've read through some black OC's in fanfics and I was fine with it. I will NEVER read a [black!reader] fanfic. It is completely different and alienates other readers who aren't that skin colour. Agree or not, it's quite wrong to put a specific skin colour for the reader.

Years ago I knew someone who I became good friends that did perfect Madara x oc stories with the OC being black and she did her own art. Absolute perfection and I didn't care because I'm not self inserting myself while reading the story.

Reader fanfics should be the reader choice to come up with their own ideas to self insert their own characters. I've come across too many black reader, latino, and other ethnicity reader which just goes to show it's not a reader story. It's an OC but you just come up with a name. Helluva boring.

You're losing out on tons of readers with this. Just create a damn oc story, I do not want to imagine myself as a black person when I'm not black or Latino. That is quite literally wrong for anyone to wish to be another skin colour other than their own. Leave the ethnicity out of the stories and say "S/N" = skin colour. Let the readers choose... obviously the Japanese part in the story is realistic and fine because JJK takes place in Japan.

I already said I dropped a popular megumi fanfic because the author made the reader a Latino

I already said I dropped a popular megumi fanfic because the author made the reader a Latino. I wasn't MAD because "we" are Latino. If it was an OC, I may have kept reading it. I was mad that it was in a reader fanfic so I didn't proceed to read it. If you pull stupid shit like that than make the character an OC. And others have already pointed it out that it's not a reader story if you change the appearance to the reader. That is not a reader fanfic. It's an OC.

TLDR: don't apply specific ethnicities for reader fanfics. I hate skipping so many stories because I'm not [black/latino] or can imagine myself as one to enjoy the story.

Anyways that's for now!