Sukuna is a ruthless monster. NOT a softy

I never cringe so hard when the first chapter is Sukuna being nice instead of any sort of build up.

There's like a few that make him look like he'd spare a whole village and the girl he meets first sight. How to tell someone doesn't know Sukuna's character? Yes. This is it. It's complete OOC and imo garbage and not Sukuna at all.

Sukuna is described in the manga and anime as the most evil mf to exist that does whatever he wants.

To make a sukuna fanfic may look hard but it isn't. It can be done. There's a few amazing fanfics that did him good that describes him perfectly well and Uraume.

Playing God (Sukuna x Reader)

I'm praising this fanfic not criticizing it.

It was so good that I think author called him a curse but I ignored it and kept reading it. 90% of it was pretty much how I can imagine Sukuna torturing the "reader" and eventually growing attach to her. There was a few minor things, but if you can describe sukuna as the one in the manga, people won't care as much.

Also this fanfic described Uraume 10/10 perfection. Nothing comes close to that fanfic with how the author wrote those two.

There was another on AO3 called Cor Unum that describes Sukuna pretty well but really, he's not incredibly hard to write but it can be hard to make him care for someone. Some authors try to fast and mess up the pacing.

Really and truly, don't start him off as forgiving and having polite manners

Really and truly, don't start him off as forgiving and having polite manners. He has no moral compass whatsoever and is shown to kill whenever annoys him, play with whoever, do whatever he wants. He is guided by his pleasures and displeasures said so by Nanami.

It's generally a turn off when the Sukuna in fanfics aren't the Sukuna in the anime/manga.

Now there's been two Yuji fanfics that wrote Sukuna's character as how he is in the anime with reader and Sukuna's interactions. This is just a very rare occurrence.

To each their own, if you prefer an OOC Sukuna fanfic they literally plague this site. 99% of them write him off as a curse spirit which he isn't one or was ever stated that. People misinterpreted the title wrong. Many of these fanfics are quite common making him nice/polite during OC x Sukuna interaction during the first meeting or both.

Heian era Sukuna is still a human but deformed with just speculations and theories as to why he's like that. He was said to be ruthless in the first episode and his character gets fleshed later on as the most evil sorcerer to exist aside from Kenjaku.

He may have believed love is worthless but it's been proven that the strongest are always the loneliest, but to him he didn't care about feeling that way. You can still get around this and insert an OC/reader quite powerful and marvellous, but make the OC pique his interest. There is one fanfic that is doing that and I think it's quite good on here.

Or throw in new ideas of a reader/oc that comes from a sorcerer lineage who inherited an incredible strong technique, but never cared for jujutsu. Sukuna is a nerd in sorcery and always seems to know how to expand his knowledge in things. Make a character that interests Sukuna but don't make OC/reader a human with no curse energy. Sukuna likes someone who has potential and is strong which seems more like his character.

This is just my rant and opinion.