Random asf Time Skips

There's a few fanfics that would have a good plot and then BAM random fuckin time skip mid way through the story.

A few years have passed and y/n returned to Tokyo after leaving due to some troubles proceeds to leave out a lot of things.

Like I know one author who comes up with good plots but rushes the story with these time skips. Barely any development and then ok the reader/oc gotta leave the city for a few years before returning.

But then after 5 years of no contact from leaving Tokyo, the character you're paired with will still have those same feelings and never moved on. Kind of the unrealistic route but can happen I suppose?

Bad Example: reader was paired with Sukuna and grew attached through college to him (good story build up with this), but suddenly Sukuna gets expelled, and reader leaves the school and hasn't seen him in 8 or sum years

And so much happened in those 8 years like idk what to say but it's just chaotic plot mess. Do not do chaotic PLOT MESSES.

You'll have readers drop the stories if you do time skip random mid way in the story. It's terrible. 💀

I cannot say how random and just straight up terrible some people can't do time skips. Like you're just staring at the fanfic like uh what?

Good example: reader/oc met Satoru when they were 5 and each passing year growing up they have grown closer.

Do chapters between the ages showing the development of their relationship.

Literally you can create better. Create peak by not doing random shit mid way in the story. You'll cause readers to drop. 

Holy fuck please stop with the 7 years no contact with the mf

Holy fuck please stop with the 7 years no contact with the mf. I will literally combust the next time I run into one.

Only time skips that are appropriate is when reader/oc is still in touch with them. I've never had a problem with these. Just god damn the no contact ones make me drop the whole fanfic cuz it normally is random asf.

That's all for today. Maybe another rant tomorrow. Who knows.