The entire OC cast having English names in a Japanese country

I keep forgetting to do this point and yes there's some exception. I found a decent enough Yuuta fanfic bearable to read (shocking coming from wattpad) and reader meets Yuuta in a foreign country which of course will have foreign names. That's an exception. It's decent and keeps me intrigued.

Another exception your OC not born in Japan.

I'm just tired of born Japanese characters taking place with current plot of JJK being named Jacob, Amelia, Elizabeth in a Japanese country. Well honestly, having your entire cast of OC having English names is pretty much a drop for me but I have my rule of exceptions:

1. Born outside of Japan

2. AUs. example: Gojo moves to America for an intern job and meets OC.

Ya pretty much it. People can move to Japan but really, it can turn off readers when they realize OC has English name and not a Japanese one. Tbh, it only ever bothers me when people write their whole cast with English names and all of them living in Japan.

Just horrendous knowledge on the current plot if you can't think of Japanese names for your characters to fit the narrative

Just horrendous knowledge on the current plot if you can't think of Japanese names for your characters to fit the narrative. Your characters are born Japanese, the parents should come up with Japanese names. Typically speaking it still should apply if the parents aren't Japanese but they moved to Japan and a child (oc) the character is still growing up in Japan so the parents should just name the OC with a Japanese name.

It doesn't matter, I've seen crack fics do this with other fandoms and those aren't for me. I like some serious good writing realism added to the story. Example: i have read a Yuuji AU where he goes on an intern trip to France for 3 months with oc/reader and the characters in France have French names. Completely fine with these.

Even if the names are basic Japanese names, they're Japanese at least.

Super short rant. Hope you understand the frustration with me.