part three: the first day

So here's another thing that I hate: mornings. I have never and probably will never be a morning person. I loved my sleep and loved my comfy bed that I dreaded being apart from.

You can only imagine how tough it is then when Jackie has to wake me every morning for school.

"Y/n, you're gonna be late." she shook my shoulder for the umpteenth time this morning.

"I don't care!" I pushed her hand away, pulling the blanket over my head. She groaned, finally getting off my bed and walking away. I smiled to myself, getting comfortable again and beginning to doze off.

Until I felt a harsh tug at my sheets and a splash of cold water hit my face.

"What the hell?" I yelled, jolting up in bed. Jackie stood with an empty cup in her hand, laughing.

"I told you to wake up."

"You didn't have to wet me though!" I seethed, pushing her harshly on the shoulder and standing up. She only laughed more, placing the cup on the nightstand beside my bed.

"But now you're up so my work here is done." she shrugged, heading back to her side of the room. I rolled my eyes, grabbing my toiletry bag and heading out the room.

As soon as I left though, I was met with the boy with dark hair. At the sound of my door slamming shut, he stopped and turned, a bagel halfway in his mouth.

He looked me up and down, and suddenly I felt conscious of my sleeping shorts and t shirt.

"Good morning to you, babe." he smirked, noticing the wet stains on my shirt and my hair. I scowled, ignoring his comment and making my way to the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth and fixing my wet hair, I headed back to my room to quickly change. Since I was indeed running late, Jackie was already dressed and loading all her school supplies into her backpack neatly.

"If you had listened you wouldn't be rushing." she said in a sing-song voice, watching as I tugged on my converse.

"Shut up."

Luckily, it didn't take me long to finish changing and clean up my face a bit.

"Are you almost done?" Jackie complained, leaning against the door and looking down at her watch.

"Almost." I said, shoving all my stuff into my backpack messily and throwing it over my shoulder. I looked myself in the mirror for a quick once over, looking down at my dark jeans and short sleeve top. "Ready."

"Finally." Jackie rolled her eyes, turning to the door. When I looked down at her outfit, I realized that we were on two very different vibes.

Where she was dressed as a young prestigious girl that was ready to attend five business meetings, I looked ready to actually attend high school at my hopeful attempt of how public school kids dressed.

Thank God my afternoons at the skatepark have helped me with that.

And if you couldn't tell by now, we were very polar opposites.

"I really hope we're not late cause of you." Jackie muttered as we headed down the stairs.

I scoffed, "Please, they got five thousand other kids. I'm sure we're the least of their worries."

My thoughts were stopped however when we got to the bottom and were met with an almost empty kitchen already.

"Don't mess with that. That's for Jackie and Y/n." Katherine rushed out of the kitchen. When she turned, she smiled at the sight of us, "Good morning, girls. How'd you sleep?"