part thirteen: hopeful deliveries

On the morning of Thanksgiving day, I found myself very dreadful to get out of bed. Jackie had already went on her morning run with Nathan and was currently in the shower downstairs.

I had been laying in bed for about two hours, slipping in and out of consciousness with the blankets pulled over my head.

I wasn't a morning person to begin with, but today made it even worse. As I've mentioned before, this was the first Thanksgiving or actual holiday with my family and I didn't know how to react.

I mean, I was sad, yeah, but mostly I felt so...confused. How were Jackie and I supposed to just adapt to this new way of celebrating holidays? How were we supposed to just join in with another family when we truly wished we still had ours? How was I supposed to find peace in just letting go everything in New York and picking up things here in Colorado?

But in reality, I didn't really want to think about that stuff. I just wanted to lie here the whole day and pray that this day would be over soon.

But, of course, living with the Walters almost made that impossible.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to another segment of National Geographic. Today we are exploring the wonders of a teenage girls' bedroom, where here lies the mysterious artifacts of makeup, hairspray, bras, and panties as far as the eye can see, all rare artifacts only found within a local mall."

I hummed, hearing soft voices and the soft creaking of our wooden floors.

"I'm here with our special guest star, Isaac Garcia, for the day. Isaac, what do you have for us today?"

"Thank you, Jordan, for the introduction. Today in this exhibit we have the chance to meet a live teenage girl herself as she is still peacefully sleeping in her cocoon. Let's go ahead and get a closer look — not too close as they are commonly known to get aggressive. Usually I would enjoy this but I have fallen victim to them, specifically this one herself."

I slowly began to wake, rubbing my eyes and squinting them open. I was met with the underside of my blanket, obviously, but when I peaked over the edge, I was suddenly met with a large camera lens right in my face.

I yelped, jolting up in bed. I looked around, spotting Issac and Jordan on either side of my bed.

"Careful, Jordan! The beast is out of hibernation." Isaac held out a hand to distance himself from me.

"What the hell are you two doing in here?"I exclaimed, looking at them with wide eyes.

"And so she speaks! Until now we had always thought she spoke in the tongues of snores and growls." Isaac commentated like a news reporter, looking at the camera, "We are making amazing discoveries today."

"Both of you get out." I ordered.

"She seems to think she's in charge now." Jordan said, "Is this a common side effect of out of hibernation?"

"Usually it is, but this one seems to be the alpha-"

"Okay, that's it." I huffed, throwing the blankets off of me. I quickly stood from my bed, going for Jordan's camera. He jumped back, still pointing it at me.

"Careful! She's turned aggressive! We need to leave the exhibit at once!" Jordan panicked going for the door. Isaac put his hand out to stop him.

"Don't worry, I know how to tame her." he said, and before I could even react, he had walked over to me and hoisted me over his shoulder.

"Isaac, put me down!" I kicked my legs and punched at his side.

He ignored me, instead turning to the camera. "Watch this."