part seven: painting fashion

"What do you think about this nail color?" Ella asked, holding her phone out for everyone to see.

"I like it. I definitely think pink is your color." I replied. She smiled, satisfied, then looked at Wendy, waiting for her opinion.

"Wendy? Wendy, hello?" she waved her phone around in the air.

Wendy, who was busy typing furiously on her laptop, looked up, "Huh?"

"Ugh, Wendy! I asked if this color is cute for my nails." Ella whined.

Wendy's eyes flickered to the screen for a second, "Oh, yeah. They're nice." And she went right back to typing.

"You barely looked at them." Ella frowned. Wendy ignored her, continuing to type on her keyboard at a record speed. Ella then scooted her chair closer to Wendy and reached over, beginning to run her hands all along the keyboard.

"Ella, stop it!" Wendy smacked her hands away, moving her computer away from her.

"Well come on, Wendy, you've been on your computer all of lunch and you've barely talked." Ella said, to which I nodded.

"I'm sorry, it's just that with homecoming coming up there's just so much I have to write for my page. People are sending in stories like crazy. My inbox is literally about to explode." Wendy explained, rubbing her temples.

"Wow, I didn't know you took it that seriously." I laughed.

"Did you not have a school gossip page in New York?" Wendy asked.

"No. I mean I went to a private school with a bunch of rich kids. That's a little Gossip Girl-y, don't you think?" I shrugged.

"I guess. But if you live in a town like this you'll do anything to get some drama stirring." Ella joked. "But anyway, what are some of the stories, Wendy?"

"Nothing much. Just that Richie gave Sophie his letterman jacket and Roxanne started going off on her in first period."

"Shut up!" Ella squealed. "Wait a minute, I thought they broke up?"

"They did, two days ago. And she says that they had a thing before they even broke up." Wendy grinned. "She even told her that while secuirty was dragging her away from Mr. Lincoln's class."

"Oh my gosh, do you have a video?"

"Uploading it right now." Wendy smiled. I stared at the two of them, completely confused.

Who was Sophie and who was Roxanne and why couldn't Richie choose between the two?

Ella crossed her arms, "Well you better not be on your phone the whole time we're at the huddle, I wanna take cute pictures and actually have fun."

"I do have fun, but I need to make sure my gossip page is up to date too." Wendy reasoned.

Ella groaned, turning to me, "Well what about you, Y/n, are you going to the huddle? Everyone goes so you kinda have to, you know."

"Believe me, I know." I grumbled, "But yeah I'll be there, working though."

"Working?" they both exclaimed at the same time.

"Yeah, I have to work the Walter's cider thing."

"Oh my gosh I forgot about that." Ella leaned back in her chair, "I always go to it just hoping to see Cole."

"Chill out, El, you're sounding stalker-y." Wendy nudged her.

"Well I don't think you're gonna see much of Cole there this year." I sighed, "Jackie and Alex are working it and I'm working it with Isaac."