part eighteen: drama talking

"Y/n. Y/n, come on. Wake up."

I groaned, rolling around a bit on the bed. I peaked open one eye, letting me take in the bright light around my room.

I stretched, pulling down the blankets from over my head. I heard our bedroom door close, followed by the sound of glass clinking beside me.

I rubbed both of my eyes and when I opened them Jackie was beside me, setting down a tray of food.

"Good, you're up." she smiled softly, "I've been covering for you all morning. Katherine thinks you've been in here doing homework."

I lifted my head, taking in the mess of my room. On the floor, my clothes from last night were sprawled out and all my blankets were tossed around. Well, most of it was on my side of the room, on Jackie's it was still nice and clean.

"What time is it?" I yawned, wiping my cheek.

"Almost noon." Jackie replied, "You missed breakfast and Katherine was gonna come wake you up but I told her you were busy studying all morning for a test tomorrow."

I sat up and winced, my hand going to my head as a sharp pain hit me. Jackie sat down at the foot of my bed and she sighed.

"Yeah...obviously we know you're not really studying." she said, referring to my obvious hangover, "Don't worry, I brought you some food and some pills. You can take them after you eat."

I looked over at my nightstand, seeing a sandwich along with a glass of water and medicine on the side. I looked back at my sister and smiled.

"You're the best."

She smiled back at me, "I know."

I chuckled, sitting up fully and reaching over to grab my tray. I started eating, to which Jackie gave me a disapproving look for eating on the bed. We sat in silence for a moment, her looking down at the ground and me focused on my food.

After awhile, I swallowed my food and dusted off my hands, giving her a grin, "Some night, huh?"

She looked at me, not impressed at my humor, "Don't even get me started on it."

I giggled, taking a drink of my water, "What even happened, J?"

She sighed, pulling her knees to her chest, "I don't know. One minute Alex is walking away from me to get more drinks and the next minute Cole's just on the ground." she rubbed her forehead in distress.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Okay, but why did he hit him though? Was Alex drunk or something?"

"No, no, he wasn't drunk." she shook her head, "Him and Cole were just arguing about —" she stopped herself, discarding whatever it was she was going to say. Instead she said, "Stuff. Stuff that's stupid and they're both just idiots right now."

She sighed again, running a hand through her hair, "Can I have a bite?"

I looked down at my plate, seeing half of my sandwich still left. I nodded, passing it over to her. She took it, taking a large bite out of it.

"Jeez, J, you don't have to devour my sandwich to make yourself feel better." I pulled the plate away from her. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand.

"I'm sorry. I'm just stress eating."

"Yeah I could tell. You ate that on the bed." I said, taking a bite of my sandwich again. "So you're mad at both of them?"

"For now, yes." she nodded, "They're both just being immature and Alex, especially, is just confusing right now. I'm just trying to avoid them honestly. At least for now."