part nineteen: bickering rumors

After my little showdown with Isaac last night, I had decided to avoid him at all costs. If he was going to be childish with the whole situation, then so was I.

I didn't need him in my life. I could get along just fine without him. Who needs someone constantly bugging you anyways?

But of course, things never seemed to go my way. Not here in Colorado.

The next day when we arrived at school, you could tell there was immediate tension as soon as we each stepped into the car.

Jackie and Alex still hadn't exactly made up yet, so I sat awkwardly between them. Cole and Alex were also not on speaking terms as well, and Alex would've been without a ride to school if Danny hadn't stepped in to cool Cole off.

And of course there was Isaac and I, who avoided any kind of contact with each other. We went around each other at breakfast, talking to and looking at anyone but each other. We acted as if the other wasn't there.

A part of me felt bad, since we were pretty much causing for more drama between all of us. Nathan even gave me a look this morning as if i to say, You're still on this?

I had given him a look back, as if to say, Obviously.

The tension, if possible, grew worse however as soon as we each stepped out of the car.

It was as if all talk stopped and all eyes landed on the Walters, Jackie and I. Everyone knew what had happened at the bonfire, thanks to Wendy's stupid gossip page.

And if you didn't, Cole's bruise and cut on his face sure told it's own story.

Walking into class, I found my seat beside Ella, who was busy filing her nails.

"Hey, cutie. You look good today." she greeted me cheerfully.

I plopped down in my seat, looking down at my outfit. I had a pair of dark gray converse with black cargos and a gray long sleeve. On top, I had a puffer vest and half my hair was pulled into a hair clip while the rest of it was left down, my bangs curtained around my face.

"Thanks. I like your skirt." I smiled at her. She looked down at her denim skirt and white sweater she wore.

"Thank you. I stole it from my sister."

I laughed, shaking my head, "Of course you did. Don't you think you'll get cold though?"

She shrugged, "Probably. But I'm wearing it mostly for Blake."

"The soccer guy from the bonfire?"

"Yes." she squealed, "We've been texting all weekend and we even made it onto Wendy's page. We didn't even send anything in!"

I smiled at her joyfulness, "Really? That's pretty exclusive, El."

"I know, right? And I saw that you even ended up with Peter." she said, "What even happened with you two on Saturday? Everyone saw you guys playing and then you just went M.I.A."

I felt my cheeks grow warm, "Oh, about that..."

I trailed off, nervously fidgeting with my bracelets. Ella looked at me, momentarily stopping her nail filing.

"Y/n? What happened?"

I took a deep breath, "Okay, don't freak out, okay? After we lost our beer pong game, he took me to the bed of his truck and kissed me."

"WHAT?" she slammed her hands down onto the table, making everyone in the class turn to look at us. We both looked around and I smiled embarrassedly.

"Sorry about that, everyone! Nothing to see here." Ella waved her hand. People slowly looked away, going back to their conversations.