part twenty five: hockey gardens

A/N: i recommend playing Livin' on a Prayer by Bon Jovi before or during this chapter!

enjoy ;)

"Ow, Jackie!" I said, rubbing my head where she had hit me harshly with a pillow. I looked at her as she tossed the pillow down beside me.

"Dude, get up!" she exclaimed, turning to her dresser to put on deodorant.

I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes. I stretched, looking at my sister, "What time is it?"

"Almost 9."

My eyes widened, "Why am I up so early on a Saturday?"

"It's not early." Jackie shook her head, "And the Walters are taking us somewhere so get up and get dressed. I already ate but there's breakfast downstairs."

"Where are they taking us?"

"Don't know. They just said to bring a jacket."

I scrunched my nose. Three weeks had passed since Katherine's award ceremony and it was now early April. Spring was in full bloom and the weather started to clear up. Here in Colorado, spring was definitely the most beautiful season here.

"But it's not even cold." I said, throwing the blankets off of me.

Jackie shrugged, "That's what I said."

After hurriedly changing and getting ready, then going to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I went to the kitchen with Jackie. Mostly everyone was down there already eating pancakes.

"Finally, she's awake." Benny exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

Katherine turned, a mug of coffee in her hand, "Y/n, good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Great." I smiled.

"How many pancakes do you want?" George asked me.

"Two, please." I replied, accepting the plate from him. I set my plate down at the table before going to the fridge to get orange juice, "Jackie said we're going somewhere?"

"Oh yes! We're going-"

"Shh! It has to be a surprise, Mom." Parker said, cutting between us to grab a piece of bacon. Katherine and I laughed as I continued to pour my drink.

"Sorry. I guess it's a surprise until we get there." Katherine said.

"It's okay. I just need to know, is what I'm wearing okay? Or should I change?" I asked, looking down at my outfit and closing the refrigerator door again.

Before Katherine could answer, someone beat her to it, "I think what you're wearing is fine but baggy jeans probably won't go good with where we're going."

I turned around and there was Isaac, coming inside form the side door. He had a navy blue t-shirt on and was in light wash jeans with his Timberlands.

Before I continue with my story, let me back up a few weeks.

After my near kiss with Isaac on the day of Katherine's ceremony, I realized that I indeed had developed a little bit of feelings for Isaac...

Okay, that's an understatement.

When I finally figured out that I had liked him, after all this time, I didn't know how to react. All this time, I had claimed to despise him and even taken into calling him a creature (which he still very much was, just in a not-so-despicable way anymore), and now I saw him as the complete opposite.

I had become completely enthralled with him. The way he dressed, how he talked, how he laughed with his stupid smirk. I had done a complete 360, and my mind was on him 24/7.