part sixteen: sun and moon

So I've told you guys before awhile ago that I was a firm believer in new day, new beginnings. Well, I believe the same thing when it comes to the new year.

Last year was hectic, definitely not at all what I was expecting, but I think you already know that. But for this year, it was gonna be different, way different, I could feel it.

It was now early January and school had started back up from winter break. The holidays were over and they were obviously very different this past year. Still, I had a good time and I had to admit, my favorite Christmas gift was seeing Benny and Parker shoot Isaac with their new orbeez guns.

Everything had been okay and Jackie and I were growing more and more comfortable here in Colorado.

Well, Jackie more than me.

Let's just say, Jackie and Alex were very comfortable with each other. There wasn't a moment that went by that I didn't hear from Ella about how they were kissing in front of their locker again, or from Brooke about how they sat right next to each other in class.

And believe me, they did not care about the amount of times I told them to shut up.

Also, I say hear about their little PDA because I had yet to actually witness this behavior for myself. Alex knows better than to keep his hands off of my sister when I'm around. Still, it didn't stop him from the fact that he had to switch places with me at the dinner table to be next to her, so now I got a clear view of Isaac shoving food down his throat every day.

Other than that, things were going really good.

"Alright, everyone, listen up." Ella dropped her lunch tray harshly on the table. I jumped, having put my head down and had planned to take a nap.

"Jesus, El, calm down." Nicole pulled out her earphones.

"Yeah, you're gonna give Y/n a heart attack." Wendy said, patting my head. I hummed, nuzzling my head into my jacket that I had used as a makeshift pillow.

"I'm sorry but this is really important." Ella insisted, plopping down in her seat, "We have to talk about our outfits for the bonfire tomorrow!"

So here's another thing that's currently going on right now: the annual bonfire that went on to kick off the first Saturday of the new year. Jackie had mentioned it a couple of weeks ago but since Christmas ended, it's all anyone has been talking about.

"Here we go, not this again." Brooke rolled her eyes.

Ella scoffed, "Okay, B, just because you're being lame and not going does not mean you can trash on those that are."

"I'm not lame." Brooke pointed at her, "I'm just not feeling up to a party right now. I don't want to see people make fools of themselves while they're intoxicated."

"But that's the best part, Brooke." Ella whined, "Plus, this is, like, the one time my parents are letting me go out. I want all of you guys there!"

"We hang out all the time, though." Brooke shrugged, plopping a chip into her mouth. Ella sighed, obviously giving up as Brooke stood her ground.

I chuckled, lifting my head up and stretching. "Don't worry, El, we'll still be there with you."

"Yeah, I guess." Ella pouted, resting her chin on her hand as she sulked.

Wendy scoffed, "Okay, fine then. We see how it is, Ella." she said, earning a nod from me and Nicole. "But anyways, do you guys have any idea the amount of stories I'll be getting for my blog this weekend? I'm gonna be writing like crazy."