part twenty six: fighting orchards

"Will you guys please shut up!" I yelled, quickly lowering the volume on my laptop. I looked towards the door, listening if anyone was close by. When the coast was clear, I looked back at my laptop to our group Facetime.

"I'm sorry, Y/n, but how can you expect us not to freak out?" Ella said, her voice lower now.

"Yeah, I mean, you kissed Isaac Garcia. That's, like, huge." Wendy added.

"I called it. I always knew after those little looks in class." Nicole grinned.

"Oh my gosh and all those times she said she'd never date him in a million years. Imagine how red she'd be if her past self could see them now." Brooke joked, making all of them laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"Ha ha, very funny." I said sarcastically, not helping but to keep a grin on my face.

Today was Sunday, the day after our hockey filled Saturday. Also one day after my kiss in our principal's backyard.

Yeah...not that romantic when you put it that way.

"So what? Are you guys, like, a thing now?" Nicole asked.

I shook my head, "We, um...actually haven't really talked since the kiss."

"What?" Brooke furrowed her brows, "What do you mean? You guys literally live together."

"Yeah don't you guys share a bathroom?" Ella asked.

"And isn't he there, like, right now?" Nicole added.

"Actually, we don't share a bathroom and right now he's outside doing chores." I said matter of factly. Then I sighed, "I don't know. When we got home from...the hockey game, we all had dinner and just went to our rooms. And today he was up before me and he's been outside doing chores all day. I think George is mad at him about his math grade again."

"So why don't you just go down there and find him?" Wendy asked,

"Wendy, are you crazy? Why should she go up to him? She already made the first move so now it's his turn." Nicole said.

"Nicky, this isn't some chess game. A girl can have the pants in the relationship if the guy is too scared to do anything, you know." Wendy replied.

"Amen." Brooke grinned.

"Guys, we're getting off track." Ella spoke up. She leaned in closer to the camera, "So have you even seen him at all?"

I looked away and to the window beside my bed. Down below, I could make out Isaac in the field with Cole, cutting weeds.

"I can see him right now." I shrugged.

"Well do you think he'll talk to you later?" Nicole asked.

"I mean, I think so. He did kiss me back and I think it was good. Well, at least it was good for me..."

"Y/n, stay with us. We cannot be losing you to the Walter effect." Brooke waved her hand in front of the camera, "Ella's already been down that path."

Ella gasped, "Hey! I have not."

"Haven't you had a crush on Cole, like, since freshman year?" Nicole raised a brow.

"Nuh-uh. I stopped liking him last year." Ella argued.

"Guys, we need to focus. We're trying to help Y/n here." Wendy said. "Y/n, do you even want anything to happen now? Like, do you wanna start dating?"

I leaned back on my headboard and thought about it. Did I want a relationship with Isaac? I mean, he was cute, I'll give him that, although I probably won't want to admit that out loud. I liked the way he talked to me when it was just us two. I liked how I could be myself around him. But something was holding me back.