Chapter 20 - Trouble Comes Knocking!

'Puff—'

'Tear—'

'Snap—'

Barbaric, chaotic, without any order, this was not a battle but a thorough slaughter.

It is a fight for survival, where killing the opponent is a necessity.

As monsters, Orcs naturally do not have a specific fighting style; all they know is to kill all humans, nothing more.

Ethan, on the other hand, had never learned or witnessed how other adventurers fought.

Everything he knew about fighting, he figured out on his own in the midst of battle.

Purely a self-taught fighter, combined with his unique circumstances, exchanging injuries for injuries was just a routine for him.

'Roar—'

An Orc swung a club directly onto Ethan's back, and Ethan showed no sign of response.

The sword in his hand mercilessly pierced through the eye socket of the Orc in front of him, stabbing through its head.

Having dealt with this one, Ethan turned around to settle the score with the one who had attacked him from behind.

'Puff—'

The sharp blade cut through the Orc's chest, penetrating its body.

'Bang—'

In the next moment, the last remaining Orc also turned into a cloud of black smoke, leaving behind a magic stone on the ground.

Taking deep breaths, Ethan slowly stood up.

His body is covered in bruises from the Orcs' attacks, but fortunately, no bones were broken.

This makes Ethan realize that he is getting stronger.

In the past, he would have probably suffered multiple bone fractures, but now, it is just some bruises.

"Let's call it a day. It's about enough fighting for the day."

Collecting the magic stones scattered around him, Ethan decides to conclude today's adventure.

Unlike many "predecessors," Ethan doesn't have much interest in the dungeon and doesn't want to spend his entire life exploring it and killing monsters.

For Ethan, the dungeon is just a location, and he only comes when he needs to complete missions or fight with monsters.

Today's [Daily Mission] has been completed, so Ethan has no intention of staying here.

After all, as long as he steadily accumulates diamonds, he will eventually become stronger.

Ethan understands that the system is his most important opportunity. Even Falna is not comparable to it.

Moreover, with a goddess sponsoring him, he can easily get one million Valis every month, so he's not short of money.

In such a situation, why push himself so hard for little gains? Why not enjoy life in this new world?

"Hmm~"

Grabbing all the Orcs' magic stones, Ethan feels the magic energy merging into his body like a stream, giving him an extreme sense of pleasure.

After a few seconds, everything returns to calm, and Ethan is somewhat reluctant to part with the previous experience.

The magic stones in his hand have turned transparent and lost their value, so Ethan casually discards them.