Chapter 22 - Trapped in the Alley!

Looking at the burly man in front of him, Ethan smiled; they had finally come out.

However, as he looked at the pair of animal ears on the man's head, a hint of repulsion flashed in Ethan's eyes.

Cute animal-ear girls were treasures of the human world, but male beastmen made him dislike them.

As the saying goes, opposite sexes attract, and the same sexes repel, especially when it's a guy with a face full of muscles.

"Friend, it seems you need some help."

"Oh? How could you guess that?"

Looking at the guy in front of him, Ethan's eyes flashed with a hint of coldness.

That blatant malice, Ethan perceived it clearly.

Moreover, he wasn't the only one here; on the other side, there was another malicious intent constantly shifting, about a dozen meters away.

That other guy seemed to want to flank him from behind.

But Ethan didn't show any wary expression.

He wanted to see what these two shady guys were up to.

"Hahaha~, I am a friendly adventurer, adhering to the principle of mutual assistance, here to provide people like you with some 'help', but of course, you'll need to pay a little 'reward', my friend."

With that, the beastman Walter revealed his true face.

He wasn't a talented guy; at best, just a low-class adventurer from a third-rate Familia.

Now in his thirties, he was still at level 1.

If nothing unexpected happened, he wouldn't be able to rank up from level 1 to level 2 in his lifetime.

It could be said that his fate was already sealed.

And adventurers like him were not uncommon in Orario.

Indeed, the gods' blessing/falna was miraculous, capable of unleashing the hidden potential of people from the mortal world.

Through continuous effort, they could gradually improve their strength.

But not everyone had this 'qualification'. The so-called 'potential' was just as significant as their existence.

Most adventurers spent their entire lives stuck between level 1 and level 2, and ranking up to level 3 wasn't something just anyone could achieve.

"A little reward?"

"That's right, just a small reward. Presumably, my friend, you come from a wealthy background, so a small amount of money shouldn't be that big of a deal, right?"

Walter said so. Actually, if possible, he didn't want to fight.

After all, his strength was not that great.

At most, he could only bully some newcomers.

If the other party had a deep background, he couldn't afford to provoke them.

He just wanted to make a little profit; as for more, he hadn't thought about it.

"To be honest, I'm not short of Valis. It's just that I don't have much on me at the moment. How about I give you this crystal card? You can withdraw 900,000 Valis at the guild."

"900,000 Valis?"

Upon hearing such a large sum of money, Walter's mouth almost dropped open.

However, when he saw the Familia emblem on the crystal card in Ethan's hand, the side profile of a Valkyrie, this pattern was familiar to all adventurers in Orario, especially thugs and gangsters.