Chapter 83: The Fragile Renard!

In the days that followed, Ethan, no longer pressured by financial difficulties, purchased a large amount of materials.

Aside from the gems needed to make the 'Space Rings', there were also materials for creating 'Cursed Corpses'.

Ethan did not forget about the 'Puppet Manipulation Technique' either; he consistently made efforts in that regard.

Under such circumstances, the 'Space Rings' Ethan crafted began to have increasingly larger spaces.

At the same time, he made some simpler Cursed Corpses.

As he became more proficient in making them, especially with enhancements from the 'Item Construction' and 'Mystery' development abilities, the quality of the Cursed Corpses also improved gradually.

Everything progressed smoothly, and Ethan's life was exceedingly fulfilling every day.

'Buzz—'

Accompanied by a flicker of light, Ethan looked at the ring in front of him, his face filled with joy.

This was the first time he had attempted to use a 'magic gem' for crafting, and just as he suspected, using such high-quality 'magic gems' meant the 'imaginary space' it could hold was also larger.

"20m³, an increase of twenty times. Indeed, there are benefits to using expensive things."

With ordinary gems, as Ethan became more and more skilled, he had reached a sort of limit: the space they could hold was about 1m³.

But this magic gem reached a space of 30m³ on the first attempt, and there was still potential for improvement.

By the table, a box was filled with piles of space rings.

Without exception, these were all his work, each with different sizes of storage space, marking the progress he had made over the past few days.

'Squeak——'

The door creaked open—

"Ethan-sama~"

"Hmm? Haruhime, you're finally here. I was nearly starving to death."

Because he was so focused on his work in the past few days, Ethan had somewhat forgotten to eat and sleep at proper times.

If the golden-haired Renard hadn't delivered his meals on time, he didn't know what he would have become.

"It's because, Ethan-sama, you often lose track of time while working."

"There's no helping it. If such a considerate beauty is delivering meals to me, why should I bother keeping track of time?"

"I am not some 'beauty.'"

Saying so, Haruhime's cheeks slightly reddened. She was shy and happy at the same time.

After the previous 'social death', Ethan understood that this Renard definitely harbored some special feelings towards him.

Since both of them had a good impression of each other, why not seize the opportunity to make further progress in their relationship?

He wasn't one of those 'Yasashii' anime protagonists who, even when opportunities were handed to them on a silver platter, would keep the other party hanging.

With mutual affection and maybe some other thoughts, Ethan and Haruhime's relationship grew increasingly intimate.

"Hmm? Haruhime, what happened to the white stockings I gave you? Why aren't you wearing them?"