Chapter 35: Malice of the Dungeon!

'Boom——'

All fourteen Minotaurs collapsed after being contaminated with black mud.

At first, Ethan thought it was an accident, but then he discovered that it was not an accident at all.

These monsters were simply incompatible with the black mud.

To be precise, their cores were made of a material that was extremely similar to black mud.

Ethan even felt that if he could touch their cores, that is, their 'magic stones', he could probably corrupt and blacken them, and then he could wipe them out.

However, the idea was good. But all the monsters that were invaded by the black mud collapsed directly before they could be corrupted.

This 'collapse' was not caused by the monsters themselves, but rather, it seemed as if he had touched some kind of 'protection mechanism' that caused the Minotaurs' bodies to collapse.

"Could it be..." Ethan couldn't help but look around, at this magnificent underground labyrinth, the dungeon.

The dungeon is a place where monsters are born from the walls and ceilings of the labyrinth and are hostile to humans and gods.

When monsters are killed, their bodies will dissipate, leaving behind magic stones and, in some rare cases, materials.

And the vast majority of monsters have very low intelligence and lack the necessary wisdom for survival. They can only act on instinct.

The dungeon attracts countless adventurers to enter, kill monsters, and obtain magic stones and materials.

The existence of the dungeon can be traced back to the time before the gods descended to this lower realm.

At that time, the monsters that spewed from the dungeon wreaked havoc on the earth, and they were simply synonymous with calamity.

Countless years ago, the great god Ouranos established the city of Orario at the entrance of the dungeon and resided here, using his own divine power to suppress the entire dungeon, and he prayed day and night to suppress the dungeon, creating the current 'labyrinth city'.

However, the dungeon still keeps producing monsters and no one knows why.

In the dungeon, there are all kinds of strange and wonderful monsters, all of which can be said to be the 'children' of the 'dungeon'.

When monsters are killed, their bodies turn into black smoke and disappear completely, leaving behind only a magic stone.

This naturally leads Ethan to a series of associations.

As a 'creation' that was created, when a monster was suddenly invaded, and its 'control' was about to be taken away. So, what would the will of the dungeon do?

"Would it be possible to directly destroy these invaded monsters to prevent this kind of thing from happening?"

Ethan wondered aloud, though he knew it was only speculation. There was no way he could confirm it, but the thought lingered in his mind like a seed of doubt.

In 'Fateverse', the black mud was a terrifying substance that corrupted and blackened Servants swallowed by it.

Suddenly, a loud noise erupted from the surroundings, making Ethan raise his head in shock.

To his horror, he found that a large group of monsters had appeared out of nowhere, each with scarlet eyes fixed on him.

His system issued a warning.