Chapter 85: Encountering Bloody Hive!

[Daily Mission: Reach the 22nd Floor of the Dungeon!]

[Completion Progress: 22/22]

[Mission Reward: 20 Diamonds]

The mission was completed, and the 20 diamonds were credited to his balance, bringing a radiant smile to Ethan's face.

For someone addicted to gacha games, drawing cards is irresistible, not to mention that Ethan had recently drawn a double jackpot in a ten-consecutive-draw.

If he hadn't run out of diamonds, he surely wouldn't have been able to resist drawing more cards.

'Buzz, buzz, buzz——'

However, just as he was basking in his joy, a buzzing sound came from all around him.

Following the direction of the sound, Ethan saw a swarm of 'wasps'.

But his gaze passed over these wasp-like monsters, eventually settling on the 'creature' behind them on the branches of a tree.

[Bloody Hive]

This is one of the more troublesome monsters inside the 'Large Tree Labyrinth', mainly because it is not an ordinary monster, but a 'special cluster of swarm-type monsters'.

This monster is not a single individual, but a 'hive'.

As long as the hive remains intact, it will continuously hatch a type of bee/wasp monster called 'Deadly Hornets'.

Especially since these Deadly Hornets hatch very quickly; one might have just finished off a batch only for a new one to be ready.

However, the Bloody Hive, while troublesome, also counts as a kind of 'special event'.

The main body of the Bloody Hive looks like a pine cone and hangs between the branches of trees, quite high off the ground.

Once someone approaches it, these 'wasps' will rapidly spray a highly sticky liquid around them, restricting the opponent's movements.

If the opponent is unlucky enough to get caught, these 'wasp-like' monsters will immediately swarm to attack, much like ordinary wasps from the outside world, besieging the opponent.

As the saying goes, 'even ants can bite an elephant to death'; even adventurers at levels 3 and 4 could fall victim if they're not careful.

In Orario, most adventurers choose to use magic to clear these swarms of Deadly Hornets.

Just a single wide-range magic can sweep these troublesome monsters away.

After all, although 'Deadly Hornets' are dangerous, an individual Deadly Hornet is not strong, especially under the assault of magic, which makes them even more vulnerable.

'Buzz, buzz, buzz——'

At this moment, because Ethan broke into their territory, these Deadly Hornets surged towards the boy as if they had received a command to attack.

"Gem Magic·Flame——"

'Boom——'

Ethan used another gem, and flames erupted instantly, burning all the Deadly Hornets to death.

"Projection Begin——"

'Swoosh——'

In his hands, a spear slowly formed.

Then, Ethan didn't use it directly but made a 'throwing' gesture.

The next second, he hurled it forward.