Chapter 40: Cursed Corpse!

'Buzz——'

After more than ten minutes, a faint light slowly appeared on the "Magic Gem".

Ethan also let out a sigh of relief, then wiped the sweat from his forehead.

He succeeded. If he had failed, he would have lost a lot.

However, Ethan was still a little proud of himself for successfully imprinting a Cursed Technique on his first try.

He placed the "Magic Gem" that served as the core into the Cursed Corpse, and with that, all the preparations were complete.

The next step was to inject cursed energy and activate the Cursed Corpse.

This was the most important step, because activating a Cursed Corpse was not that simple.

If a Cursed Corpse was a program, and the Cursed Technique was the framework for building the program, then the activation process was the code to run the program.

The complexity of this process was self-evident.

This was especially true for some special Cursed Corpses that had some special settings.

For example, when Itadori Yuji was training his emotional control, that boxing bear would attack if he didn't continuously inject cursed energy, and would sleep peacefully if he did.

The control of this kind of Cursed Corpse was already set in the rules of its action.

"Wait a minute, since cursed energy has fused with my magic, and the black mud is a manifestation of my magic. What would happen if I used the black mud to fill the Cursed Corpse?"

As soon as Ethan thought of this, he decided to act.

The black mud that seemed to be "filth" flowed out of his hand.

Then, under Ethan's control, it slowly merged into the Cursed Corpse and fused with the core Magic Gem.

Ethan could feel that his control over the core had been further enhanced.

Previously, he relied on the Cursed Technique to control it, but now, with the addition of the black mud, it was much easier to control.

Not only that, but after filling it with black mud, some of the flaws due to Ethan's inexperience were also smoothed out, and the entire Cursed Corpse was directly fused into a whole body.

"Cursed Technique: Puppet Manipulation—"

Ethan activated his Cursed Technique, which was called "Puppet Manipulation".

The originally lifeless Cursed Corpse was enveloped by a surge of magic power, and its stiff body began to have some subtle changes.

Then, a pair of eyes that were originally decorated with crystals also appeared with pupils.

'Bang—'

This Cursed Corpse moved, and Ethan immediately smiled. His Cursed Technique had succeeded.

"Cursed Corpse: Charmander!"

In front of Ethan was a familiar small orange dinosaur with a round head and sharp claws.

The flames burning on its long tail especially proved its identity.

"Charmander, use Flamethrower!"

In order to restore the original Charmander, Ethan had designed it with the ability to breathe fire.

After connecting it to its magic core, it could breathe fire simply by consuming magic energy.

'Roar—'