Chapter 24 - Jealous "The City's Fastest"!

Looking at the goddess in front of him, a slight sense of strangeness arose in Allen's heart.

However, such a situation was not a special case.

To be precise, all members of the Freya Familia were admirers of the goddess Freya, regardless of gender.

Yes, as a goddess of beauty, Freya's charm was irresistible to both men and women.

"How's the investigation going?"

"Everything has been investigated, Lady Freya."

"Speak~"

After Freya glanced at Allen, he slowly began to speak.

"Ethan Starfall, eighteen days ago, suddenly arrived in Orario, and at the beginning, he was just a normal person, weak in strength. The first time he entered the dungeon, he lost a hand."

"Lost a hand?"

This caught Freya's attention, as Ethan now had both hands intact.

"Yes, this was confirmed by the innkeeper where Ethan was staying. Although it's unknown how he recovered, he indeed lost a hand that day."

"It seems this little guy is really not that simple!"

Truly worthy of being a 'person from another world,' regenerating a severed hand, such a feat is not easy to accomplish even in Orario.

"Moreover, according to the innkeeper, his hand recovered overnight."

"Overnight!"

At this point, Allen was also curious about how the other party managed to do it.

Could it be a special skill? If that was the case, it would be great; then if someone in their Familia lost an arm or leg, they could recover.

Although they couldn't stand each other, as the vice captain of the Freya Familia, he still cared about the safety of the members of his Familia.

After all, the members of the Freya Familia are the goddess's admirers, laying the foundation for the Freya Familia to be the strongest.

"All the Evil of the World~~~"

Freya, on the other hand, immediately thought of something on Ethan.

'Evil' is not something that is easy to bear, requiring a huge price to pay, but in return, one could gain some benefits, such as 'regeneration'.

In this world, there are many powerful monsters, or terrifying 'evils', that only heroes could conquer.

This is because only this type of 'world favored' has the qualification to defeat 'evil,' and only 'heroes' can achieve such feats.

In that era before the gods descended, heroes were equivalent to humanity's only 'hope'.

"Allen, is there anything else?"

"Not much else, but Ethan's growth rate is very fast. In just half a month, he has grown from a weakling with no strength to a newbie's level."

This 'newbie' refers to 'new adventurers'.

Ethan, who has not yet received Falna, already possesses strength equivalent to that of an adventurer, which is quite surprising.

Freya nodded; she had also inquired about Ethan's situation.

The sudden appearance Allen spoke of must be the day Ethan arrived in this world.

The reason it's 'sudden' is because there was no trace to follow.

"By the way, Allen, what about the innkeeper you mentioned?"

"I've already dealt with it."

"Good~"

Ethan's uniqueness made Freya particularly concerned, especially his identity as a 'person from another world,' so to make everything about him belong only to her, she would erase all traces of his past.

"Lady Freya, is just a boy with some potential worth your concern?"

At this moment, Allen couldn't help but ask, as Freya's attention to Ethan was indeed too much.

Throughout the entire Familia, no one has ever received such attention from their goddess, making Allen, who has always strived to become the strongest and most useful, a bit jealous.

And with this remark, the atmosphere in the room suddenly became tense.

Freya looked down at Allen, her gaze calm and unfathomable, showing no emotion.

"Are you teaching me how to do things, Allen?"

A calm statement to Allen sounded like a thunderclap.

"Allen dares not!"

Without hesitation, Allen knelt on one knee, bowing deeply in front of Freya.

He wasn't afraid of punishment, but he was afraid of being hated by their goddess.

If it really came to that point, it would be more torturous than killing him.

And looking at Allen kneeling on the ground, Freya's gaze remained unchanged.

In Freya's eyes, the entire Freya Familia wasn't that important, similar to playing a development game. No matter how much time and effort was invested, it was just a game.

If necessary, even abandoning it, Freya wouldn't care.

Not just her, most gods felt the same, as they descended to this lower world seeking fun, not to develop Familia as their main objective.

And Freya, came to the lower world to find her Odr (partner).

"Allen, this is the first time, and I hope it's the last. Otherwise, next time you can roll back to 'Folkvangr'."

"Yes, Lady Freya."

At this moment, Allen's heart was filled with fear and deep jealousy.

He couldn't understand, just a nobody who popped out of nowhere, why their goddess valued him so much, even more than himself.

He had no doubt, if he made another mistake, their goddess might send him back.

As the vice captain, bearing the responsibility of protecting their goddess's safety and identity, within the Familia, his level of attracting hatred was only slightly less than Ottar, also one of the few who could spend more time with their goddess.

Losing this 'honor' would be akin to death.

"Remember, Ethan is my chosen 'hope', he might become the new 'hero'."

"New hero?"

Although Allen was puzzled, he firmly remembered this matter in his heart.

The title of 'hero' is not something anyone can carry, and he didn't believe that that guy could grow into a hero.

On the bustling streets, Ethan had no idea that because of him, the second in command of Freya Familia had just been reprimanded.

Now, Ethan continued to enjoy his life, indulging in various foods and drinks.

As time ticked by, the sky gradually darkened.

Ethan once again visited 'Hostess of Fertility', but this time, it was not because of 'Syr' but because of Ryuu.

After all, she had helped him, and visiting the tavern she worked at as a customer was a way to repay her.

(PS: Do you want bonus chapters? Then give me your power stones. Don't forget to leave a review and comment below.)

---

Read More With Pictures (10+ Chapters In Advance):
https://www.patreon.com/U22