CHAPTER-32

"Nahi nahi, please mujhe mat chhodke jao, please," I cried, struggling with my nightmare, finding it difficult to open my eyes and return to the real world when I felt my palm being placed on something

"Nahi nahi, please mujhe mat chhodke jao, please," I cried, struggling with my nightmare, finding it difficult to open my eyes and return to the real world when I felt my palm being placed on something. My palm felt the sensation of a heartbeat, which brought me back to the real world. His heartbeat is the only medicine for all my wounds.

("No, no, please don't leave me, please.")

I slowly opened my eyes, with him sitting in front of me, holding my palm near his chest, making me feel his heartbeat to ease my pain and bring me back to the real world with him. He does this every time I struggle with my nightmares; his heartbeat soothes my soul.

I inhaled a sense of relief when I saw him in front of me, smiling. "This is what I call a GOOD MORNING," despite those painful nightmares. I wake up to his beautiful smile and the soothing heartbeat of his.

"Good morning, princesses," he wished me with his most soothing voice and his beautiful dimpled smile. "Good morning, Adi," I replied with the same energy while trying to get up when Adi helped me to do so.

We both stood up from the bed, standing face to face, looking deep into each other's gaze with yesterday's night flashbacks roaming in my head. As I finally opened up about my past, except one, which I didn't feel yesterday was the right time to convey because before revealing the real truth, I need to gather more information. Adi smiled and uttered a few words that just boosted up my confidence in me, running through my body like an electric current. "Get ready for the long day ahead, my lady boss. I know you're gonna tackle every problem and win over everything." Listening to his words, a smile crept onto my face too, and he took me in his embrace, charging me up for the day.

After our beautiful, soothing moment, we both detached from each other. Adi placed a soft kiss on my forehead, making me blush. Then he placed a soft kiss on my cheeks too and muttered with a smirk, "My slightest action has this much effect on you. Just imagine the night when I'll devour you and make you all mine," indicating the red tint on my cheeks and the heat in my body caused by his actions. I didn't reply, I just smiled at his words when my phone started ringing with Julia's call.

Leaving Adi behind, I went outside the room, talking with Julia over the call, heading towards the study room to discuss upcoming matters related to the case. "Julia, first set up my appointment with the head of the reporting company responsible for spreading the fake news about me," I said, to which she replied, "Yes, ma'am," taking notes of all the meetings I asked her to set up. "After this meeting, inform the board members about an important session where we are going to reveal details about Mr. Kapoor." Listening to me, she replied again with, "Yes, ma'am." I continued, "Then, inform Inspector Ranvijay to reach the company before the completion of the meeting with the board members, along with his team." I concluded my list, asking her, "So, Julia, we need to execute everything properly without any mistakes. As you know, one mistake will affect many things in the future." Listening to my last statement, she replied, "Yes, ma'am. No worries, everything will be done perfectly." After discussing some more points with her, I ended the call and did some work on my laptop.