CHAPTER-38

After a joyous ride singing Taylor Swift songs with Adi's presence by my side, I feel like the happiest person alive

After a joyous ride singing Taylor Swift songs with Adi's presence by my side, I feel like the happiest person alive. I stopped the car in front of my favorite place, the place where I used to find peace in this whole cruel world before Aditiya. "Of course, now in his arms is the only escape I find from this cruel world; his heartbeat and his embrace never fail to soothe my broken soul." Thinking this, I turned my gaze towards him, who was already staring at the place with a shocked and unusual expression, which made me frown.

He didn't notice my gaze on him, so I placed my palm on his handsome face, caressing it lovingly. This made him close his eyes and take a deep breath, releasing all his tension. His behavior seemed unusual, but I shrugged off my thoughts when he turned his face towards me with his most appealing dimpled smile, which always makes me fall for him even more. I smiled back.

"Chalein?" I asked, intertwining my fingers with his.

He nodded with a smile.

Still, I feel something unusual about his behaviour, but I shrugged off my overthinking thoughts and smiled back at him.

We both stepped out of the car and found ourselves standing in front of the grand entrance to this beautiful garden, which I can only describe as my heaven on earth.

I was smiling while admiring the beauty of this place from outside when I felt a slight, tight grip on my palm. I turned my gaze down at our interwined hands, then with a frown, shifted my face towards Adi, whose eyes held unknown pain as he looked straight towards the garden.

"What's wrong, Adi? Are you alright?" I asked with concern evident in my voice, prompting him to look into my eyes, causing his mysterious pain to vanish once more. I stood in front of him, placing my palm on his chest to ease his uneasiness. He inhaled a long breath, then looked into my eyes again with the utmost soft expression that never fails to melt me into his arms.

"I am fine, Siya, just...." He paused and took me into his embrace, placing his face in the crook of my neck, holding me close to his heart tightly.

"It's okay, Adi. I don't require any sort of explanation, but whenever you're ready to open up, you can with me, hmm?" I said while lovingly rubbing his back.

I know there are many things in this world that trigger us, so I don't want to rush him. I want him to open up at his own pace, and until then, I can wait. We stayed in the same position for a few moments.

As we parted ways, Adi whispered, "I love you, Siya," while placing a soft kiss on my lips, which made me smile broadly.

"Now take me inside your favorite place," he said with a smile, no pain visible.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to take you inside?" I asked with concern, but he held me by my waist and said, "Of course I am. It's my wife's favorite place, and I am excited to explore," with excitement clearly visible in his eyes and voice. This made me smile, and I intertwined our fingers to take him inside the place.