2-Threats.

Milo POV.

Theo is back, I hoped that he was back to make up with us, all of us, but he wasn't back to play fair or to make amends for everything that he did, instead, he was back to cause more trouble, and he's here to kill us, and take her.
Stella thinks he's going to kill her, that it's a suicidal move, but I don't agree with her, she needs to know that Theo doesn't do stuff without having a plan for it, his plan is to kill the two of us, take Stella, and leave, that's his plan, keep her all to himself.

"We need to keep her safe," I tell James, she's sleeping in our bed, we've been sharing a bed since the day Theo left the pack, his leaving did hurt me, I try to pretend that I'm okay and fine with him gibe, but I knew Theo for too long, I knew him from the day he was born, we were kind of friends, if you count almost killing each other ever since we were just kids, and then we had some fun moments in bed, he's good in bed, and when he's not being a jerk, he's an actually nice guy.
"Of course, we will Milo, don't be an idiot, we're not letting her out of our sight, and Theo isn't going to come back here, not this early," James answers me.

"He hurt her, I didn't expect him to hurt her," I say honestly, I didn't expect him to land a nail on her, I expected him to try and scare her, get her to go along with him, or maybe pick her up and run, I expected a lot of things from him, anything, but him hurting her.
"He's insane, he'd do anything, and if she's scared of him, she's more likely to obey him," James says in a cold voice.

"You're out scaring littles and others souls?" I ask him with a raised brow.
"I'm not a psychopath," James says offended.
"I didn't say you were one, but if the shoes fit," I say with a shrug, he smacks my shoulder, making the little one in the middle whine in her sleep and turn the other way, she went right back to sleep, she didn't even wake up or open her eyes.

"Don't wake her up," I scolded him but he gave me a side look, one that said when the little one isn't sleeping in the middle, he's going to have his revenge.
"I'm not a psycho, but I dealt with them before, so I have a sense of how he does work," James answers me.
"Now that you're the psycho expert, what do you expect his move to be?" I ask him.
"He's going to lay low for a while, but he's coming back," James says.
"Why is going back?" I ask him, he should know that we'll keep her safe, he should know the whole pack is going to be around here to keep her safe, why come back?

"Because he's an idiot, he has nothing to lose, and when you got nothing to lose let all hell loose," he says with a shrug, he's right, when you got nothing to lose.
"You know the feeling right? Of having nothing to lose?" I ask him, I don't like asking him about the times he was alone, running around having no one and nothing.
"I should've let them kill me, but I couldn't let them kill me, I knew and I had the feeling that my soul was coming my way, I was waiting for my soul, and she came in and saved me," he says with a small chuckle.

"She's one hell of a soul," I say looking at the little star, she's nothing like I had expected her to be.
"How did you expect to find your soul?" I ask him with a raised brow, he never talks, he's not a very big talker, and it's just in small moments like this, that I get him talking to me.
"I don't know, I expected to find her in town, maybe she'd be out on a hike, I expected a lot of things, you know how we all dream about our souls, and then to find out I share my soul with you," he says shaking his head at me.

"What is it James, you don't like sharing your soul with me?" I ask him with a raised brow again, I'm just teasing him, I didn't want a real answer, but I wanted to hear what he got.
"No, you idiot, I'm thrilled," he says in the same cold tone.
"I can tell," I say with an eye roll, rolling to the other side, ready to fall asleep, this chat is only going to end up with me having a broken heart.

"Hey, hey, don't be like that, I love you, idiot, I wished you were my mate since the days we became phone besties, and then my dream came true, are you happy? Do I sound emotional enough? Or do I need to wake our soul so she can tell you the same words?" he asks me in a cold voice.
"You don't have to be that cold," I scold him, but he just shrugs at me again, he's not telling me things, and when he does, he gets angry and defensive. 

"I'm not cold, I'm honest," he answers me.
"Of course you are, do you wanna sleep?" I say, too tired of fighting.
"Sleep both of you, and turn the light off," Lil-star whines, moving another time in bed before going back to sleep.
We shared a look, and then we both decided to go down to sleep, I heard James chuckle in my head, he loves her, he loves that she doesn't take much of our teasing.

We woke up the next morning, well the little one woke up first, sneaked out of the bed and went to find my mother to get some clean clothes for the day, we didn't know that, she didn't say so, she didn't leave a message or anything to tell us where she's going, she just left the room, and when James woke up, he shook the hell out of me to wake me up, and then we went to find her, did Theo come back when we were asleep, but how could he come inside the pack? Inside the house? Inside my room?

"Where the fuck did she go?" I yelled, looking under the bed, it's not time to play hide and seek but you never know with the littles.
"Did you check the bathroom?" James asks me.
"Of course, she's not there!" I yell back at James, he looked me dead in the eyes, and spoke very coldly and softly.
"Stop, listen," James orders and I do that, we could hear her voice, she's in the house?

"Stella, Princess, where are you?" James yells out loud, and a voice yells back from the downstairs.
"In the kitchen, daddy," she says, so she's here.
"Found her," James says in a cold voice, and then get dressed for the day, I did the same with a sigh, finally ready to get down, we found her in the kitchen with my parents, having breakfast.

"I need coffee," I groaned, getting the biggest mug we have, filling the whole thing in my cup.
"You know, you have to share," James says as he started a new coffee pot.
"Boys, when you're done, I need to talk to you," Dad says, and we share a look, is he mad that we lost her? Or is he mad about yesterday, we did keep her safe, it wasn't our fault that Theo managed to come in, we all did our best.

"Sure," James says, waiting for the coffee, deciding not to leave until he gets his coffee, I checked on the little one in that time, she was good, she was having her breakfast and mom keeping her company.
"She okay?" James asks me, making sure she's fine before we went and checked with dad, I only nodded, and took my coffee, going toward my dad's office.

"Close the door," he order us, it's the order he used to give me when I was younger and got in troubles, this all gave me a bad feeling, I looked at James but he didn't give two damns, he closed the door and took a seat in front of my dad's desk.
"What's going on?" I ask him, finally giving up on waiting for him to tell us.
"What do you see?" he says turning his screen over to us, I could see trees, and I knew those trees, I knew all of them, they were the ones from our territory, the ones that are on the edge of the territory, they mark where our land starts and ends.

"Who did that?" James says, every tree in the pictures had a giant slash on it, blood marks as well, the one who did that kind of damage had to be quick with our patrol running all over the place, but the damage that's done was bad, it was clear and visible from far away.
"I have a good idea of who did it, but do you know why they would do something like this?" Dad asks us.
"I don't," I say, I never came face to face with anyhing like this, while James looked like he knew, he's been an alpha in charge for a much longer time than I did, I'm not even fully in charge yet.

"It's a threat, a clear threat, to the alpha," james says, and I turned to him with a raised brow.
"But who would do that?" I ask them, who would be here trying to threaten our pack?
"We all know who," James says with a groan.
"He can't do that," I say, he's not that strong, or smart, he can't be.
"He's not alone, the slashes were done by more than one person," Dad says.

"Whom? Another wolf," I ask them.
"Worse," James says shaking his head, I was looking at them lost in the chat.
"He's dealing with vampires," Dad says and my heart skip beats, remembering what James told me about them, what they did to his pack, how they played with him.
"This is bad," I say out loud.
"No, this is a nightmare," James says and dad nods, agreeing with him.