28-Death.

Scott POV.

"Don't you dare," the guy says looking at me with hate and fury in his eyes, he had red eyes, the first and most obvious sign of being evil, rumours say that vampires have red eyes, and he looks like it, he doesn't smell like it, I can't actually smell him since I have my oxygen mask on my face.
"Hey man, take it easy, just relax," I say to him, trying to calm him down, he still had a gun pointed at my head which might mean that he could be the one who started the fire or the fire has sent him into insanity.

"What's your name?" he asked me, people who are scared, don't know how to react to fear, so maybe the fear had him going more on the aggressive side.
"I'm a firefighter, I'm here to help you," I say trying to stay calm.
"What's your name?" he asks me again, still looking at me, trying to see my face and my details, but I was hidden behind my mask.
"My name is Scott, I'm a firefighter, and I'm here to help you," I promise him. 

"You are Scott, the famous Scotty," he says coming toward me, he starts to walk in circles around me, he has an evil smile on his face, it is worse than the smile he had earlier.
"You heard about me?" I ask him, maybe it's someone I saved or someone I didn't save, in my line of work, usually, people love us, they don't hate us or come back for revenge.
"I heard so much about you, the beloved third, the one who took my place," he growls at me, who's place did I take? I didn't do anything that would cause me to take anyone's place.

"Your place?" I ask him out loud, what is he talking about?
'Scott, check in,' Lion says through the radio, checking that I have not died yet.
"Can I answer that? They need to know I'm alive," I say pointing to my radio.
"No need, you'll be dead soon, they'd know later when they find out about the body if they find the body," he says and I swallowed hard, he's going to kill me?

"What...what place did I take?" I ask him, if he's going to kill me, I have the right to know why first.
"My place, you took my placeeeee," he yells at me and comes toward me, he had the gun against my head, but there was the mask standing between us, and I'm a wolf I won't die that easily, but if he leaves my body here, the fire would have me.

"What place, I don't know you, how would I have taken your place, if it's about the station, I'm going to move, next week I'll be out of here," I assure him, if he wants my place I'm leaving, not that he's going to get the job, not after starting a fire and trying to kill me.
"It's not about the station, but think Scotty, whose place have you taken, why did you take it," he growls at me, a wolf and one that's mostly insane, having signs of vampires on them, it's Theo.

"You're Theo," I say finally finding out who the guy is.
'Scott report,' Lion yells through the radio, I never ignore him, I usually answer right away, but Theo won't allow me to use it.
"And you bitch have stolen my place," he says, yelling at me.
"And now you're here to kill me?" I ask him, trying to get him to talk, giving myself a chance to get away from here, to survive.

'What's wrong?' James asks through the bond, but it feels off, it feels hazy like there is an interference along with it, and I wasn't sure they could hear me yelling Theo! Danger! Keep Stella away! but the messages and the yelling felt like it's being bounced back to me like they couldn't hear me.
"I'm not here to just kill you, I'm here to torture you, torture you enough to get the rest here and then kill you," he says with an evil laugh.

"Shouldn't you hide the evil plan until the end? Why are you telling me it?" I ask him, in the movies the evil guy always keeps their plan hidden until the end, this can't be the end, not like this, I refuse to die, I have a soul to get back to.
"It's not evil, it's what's going to happen, and no need to hide since things are going to go my way," he says way too confidently, was he always such a narcissistic jerk, the whole place around us burning and he's going to talk about his evil plan, talk about being self-centred.