Chapter 7: The Wedding

Yoko's POV:

I suddenly got anxious, after seeing the king's expression with a sigh, I notice something in his hand. It's a red edict scroll, very traditional when it comes to a family with a Chinese lineage.

"This... This is the royal edict your father gave..." He said, and I fall on my knees and bow. This is the very tradition from our family, and I saw my Chinese cousin, named Sun Yi Han, the Crown princess of Chinese Empire.

She enter the room, and suddenly stopped beside my uncle Chang.

"Yoko, as the ninth heir of the throne in this land, duchess of the six provinces and duchess of Beijing and Shanghai, was now not part of the Chao Lertprasert family anymore, she had her own independent life, and due to this wedding, she will now play the role of the wife, while Faye Malisorn will be granted by the role of a husband in their marriage. The marriage will be tomorrow, immediately." The king announced,

N'Marissa and P'Becky was shocked, "they really kicked her out?!" P'Becky said.

"I'm afraid so, that's well written here in the edict." King Chang said, and frown.

Third Person's POV

"I accept the edict, your majesty." Yoko accepted the edict wholeheartedly, although Chang was reluctant to make it official, he also thought to himself that he needs to apologize to his brother, Chao.

If he opposed Chao's royal edict, his brother wouldn't be able to forgive him. So Chang gave the edict, and then sighed, "rise, lady Yoko."

Yoko stand up, and say, "thank you, your majesty."

"What is happening?" Sun Yihan asked, Chinese dialect is what she used, then looked at the king.

"Tomorrow is your cousin's wedding." King Chang replied to her, "with an edict? Why?" Sun Yihan asked again.

"It's a long story, why are you here by the way?" King Chang started to talk in Thai, and Sun Yihan smiled, "Uncle, I really can't understand Thai." Sun Yihan said in English dialect and smiled,

"Father, you're such a tease!" Becky also uses the English dialect and they all just laugh, while Yoko feeling the heavy burden of sadness and sorrow in her heart, but still force to hide it with a smile.

"Your highness Wei, will you be there in my wedding tomorrow?" Yoko used the Chinese dialect to communicate, "sure, I'll be there before I go back in Yan Ji palace." Sun Yihan said, and Yoko smiled widely.

"All I can say for now is congratulations, Yoko." Chang said, and Yoko just nodded and held the red edict in her arms tightly.

■■■

The Wedding day

Yoko was anxious, she is wearing a very expensive white gown, and she knew to herself that she never done this before. Sun Yihan entered the room and smiled at her.

"Lady Yu, how is it going?" Sun Yihan asked, and approach her. "Well, I'm just nervous, you know? This is my first time." Yoko's voice is shaking, so Sun Yihan embrace her and comfort her a bit.

"Don't worry, me and your cousins will be here. But is prince Chao coming, right?" Yihan,

Yoko frowned and shook her head. Sun Yihan knew it, she sat next to Yoko and say, "don't be sad, this supposed to be your wonderful day."

"What? A wedding that just being announced yesterday, being held today so my father would have the reason to kick me out?" Yoko,

Sun Yihan shook her head, "no, you should be happy for this is a celebration. I knew you love Faye since you were just six years-old. Quite young to fall for Faye, who's already a teenager that time." Yoko chuckles, and Yihan saw a tear in her right eye, so she immediately wiped it off.

"Don't be afraid, for I am here and doesn't matter if prince Chao is here." Yihan encourage Yoko, and hearing that, makes Yoko to be a little bit relieved.

"We better go now, it's starting." She said, and take Yoko's hand.

They went out and Yoko waited outside, she waited for people to open the door, while Yihan stayed beside her.

"Is it okay for you to walk me down the aisle?" Yoko asked, "of course, I personally asked uncle Chang. But I would also give you to uncle Chang and then, he'll be the father to give you personally to Khun Faye." Yihan said, and they went silent as they heard the music being played on.

When they opened the door, Yihan and Yoko saw that Faye was nowhere to be found and the people are somehow in a panic and nervous.

"Where...?" Yihan was speechless, she and Yoko thought that it was just a prank. But when Becky and Marissa approached them, Marissa said, "P'Yoko, Khun Faye did not attend." She said, and Yoko was shocked.

"What? How's that possible?"

Yoko frowns, she knew that it'll happen. The others keep finding Faye anywhere, until king Chang realized that Faye did not really attend.

Freen, Engfa, B Mine and Ice approached the royal and face the anger in king Chang's face.

"Where is Faye??!" King Chang lowered his voice to them, "your majesty, we're still trying to contact P'Faye, don't worry." Ice said, her voice is clearly in a panic.

"Your majesty, it's okay. Let's just go on with it." Yoko said, calming the king through her words. "But— She should be here!" King Chang.

"Your majesty, please. Let's just tell to the people that some problem just happened and we'll skip this." Yoko,

"Was that possible? Yoko, this is a wedding. How would you guys supposed to have a formal Chinese wedding if none of you will end this respectively and formally?" Yihan somewhat understand what's going on, asked her, and Yoko continue to frown.

"I respect P'Faye's decision. We should all go." Yoko said, and they don't even know if that is a good decision.

King Chang nodded, he just understands that Yoko's decision is important after all that happened.

"Call the guests and told them to go to the reception. The wedding will be held privately due to the sudden changed of plans." King Chang ordered, and general Ice immediately obeyed and asked the other staff to do the same.

They all knew that it was just an excuse, there's really no wedding.

FANFICWRITER1004