Chapter 28: Fruitless Marriage

Yoko was resting, she is looking at the ceiling and clearly thinking deep things while Yihan approached her and sat next to her, "Are you okay?" Yihan asked, and Yoko nodded.

"Of course, I'm fine. No need to worry about me, cousin Wei."

"Chuckled... It's been a long time since you called me that. All I hear is princess Wei, and nothing else." Yihan.

"You were the princess of the Chinese Empire, it would be a bad thing if the Chinese Royal knew you were my alliance." Yoko is clearly worried for Yihan, "I know, but I must stay loyal to you, my cousin. I cannot just leave you here, and besides, if this is my downfall where they will kick me out or took my title away, I would love to accept it. I wanted a normal and happy life with my wife, Zhang Nan." Yihan said, and Yoko put her head on Yihan's shoulder.

"I'm very sorry, cousin Wei, this is all my fault."

"Of course not, you were the most innocent child I have ever met."

And suddenly, Yoko's phone rang, she saw that it was an unknown caller, but she still answered it.

"Hello?" Yoko asked, "oh, my beloved niece. How are you?" Karik's voice.

"Karik?"

"Yes yes, say hello to your family." Karik showed the phone to Chao, while her men are restraining them. "Yoko!! Yoko!!" They kept calling her name, and Yoko was so shock to hear them.

"What? Aren't you happy?"

"What the hell???!! This is not our deal!!! You said I will kill them myself!!" Yoko said, but Karik just laughed at her, "oh, I'm sorry. Have I offended you? Why don't you come here... Alone..." She said, and Yoko sighed deeply, "where is the location?" Yoko asked.

"I will send it to you, but before all this. You must ask your wife, Faye for 10 Billion Baht. I know your assets and monies in the bank were being hold by the authorities, so... Yeah, good luck!!" Karik turn off the phone, and Yoko was in clear distress.

"Jiejie, you must stay here." Yoko said, and Yihan shook her head, "I am not going to stay here!!"

"But you have to! Just now, Karik is powerful now that she had my parents. You can move once I saved them all." Yoko said, and clearly, Yihan is not in favor of it.

"Damn it!"

~~~

Yoko drive the car alone and sneak inside Faye's company, she took the elevator and avoid people who might recognize her.

After that, she entered Faye's office and locked the door. "Faye." Yoko said, and Faye was shocked to see her.

"Yoko? What are you doing here?" Faye asked her, with a serious face. "I need your help-"

Yoko stopped when Faye suddenly point the gun at her face, "what about now? I got you." Faye said, and Yoko just sighed deeply, "you can kill me later, please." She said, calmly.

"Aren't you afraid that I might actually pull this trigger?"

"Karik had my family, and I need your help."

Faye put the gun down, "what?"

"P'Faye, please... I really need your help." Yoko said, and Faye felt broken seeing tears in Yoko's eyes. "Oh, please. Stop it already!" Faye looked away, she cannot take Yoko's face.

"I will let you have what you want, I will give it to you, but please, just save my family." Yoko kneels and Faye felt she's suffocating, she can't take it, she thought she was strong, but she's not.

"Fuck."

"Get up, what do you need." Faye said, and distant herself, "please, let me borrow 10 Billion Baht!"

Faye just calmly took out her cheque, and signed it with a money of 10 Billion Baht.

"Here you go." She said, and calmly passed it to Faye, "P'Faye, I need it in cash."

"Oh, fucking stupid Karik! She shouldn't ask a 10 Billion Baht in cash!! For fuck sake!" Faye was totally mad, and as she was about to go out of the door, she closed it again and locked it.

"Wait, you haven't apologized yet for what you have done to my family." Faye said, angrily approached Yoko and just choke her neck. "You know how I felt? I don't know... I felt like I love you and at the same time, I wanna kill you." Faye stiffly uttered, and Yoko seems having a hard time breathing.

"P-P'Faye- Argh!"

Faye can't help but to cry, seeing Yoko in pain. "Fuck this. I thought I can, I thought I hate you and I wanna kill you, but I don't know what's happening to me... Why are you doing this to me, Yo?" Faye started to cry, and Yoko knew how much she put Faye through pain.

"I'm very sorry. Especially to what I did to your family." Yoko held her face, and stop herself from crying, "once everything is done, you will have the freedom you want, okay?" Yoko said, and kiss her forehead.

"This marriage, is loveless, it is indeed fruitless since from the beginning. That is why, I promise you, you will never see me again once everything is done, okay?" Yoko said, and Faye nodded obediently.

Yoko kiss her, and just took the cheque away from Faye. She knew that Faye have helped her enough, so she'll just find a way for herself out of the mess.

Yoko left the office, and left Faye being weak at the sofa.

Faye saw two rings in her finger, she realised the reason why Yoko kissed her is to distract her from putting the ring back at her finger.

"What have I done?" She asked herself

FANFICWRITER1004