Chapter 35: The Last Chapter

At the Palace

Jiang Yun, Yihan and Shen Mengyao returned, it was already 12 PM when they have returned to the palace to bring an update.

Chao stood up, "so? Where is Yoko? You said she'll be here?" Chao said, and Yihan looked away to stop her tears, "we did not found her highness Yu's body, but the blow must've impacted her." Jiang Yun coldly explained.

"What does that even mean?" Marissa asked, "it means, there is a possibility that during the explosion, her body also exploded."

Hearing that weakens Marissa's legs that causes her to instantly sit down in the chair, Rebecca immediately comforted her young sister.

"I'm sorry, prince Chao. But it seems like, Duke Yu is gone." Shen Mengyao said, and hearing that cannot stop their tears to fall.

Faye arrived, with a face. "What happened? I got a call, where is Yoko?" Faye asked, and she saw all of them crying. "What happened?" Faye asked, and Yihan shook her head.

"Yoko is nowhere to be found. She might've die in the explosion." Yihan said, and hearing that totally shattered Faye's world, it breaks her heart and she felt like suffocating and cannot breathe, but she still be able to deny what she said.

"No, no. I know it's not true, come on guys, it's not a good joke!" Faye try to laugh it off, but it seems like it's not.

"Lux?"

Lux shook her head, and cried with her father and mother.

Faye looked at the wedding ring that Yoko have left in her finger, she remembered their last conversation, and by it, she never stopped her tears to fall, fell on her knees and cry herself out.

"Oh, please! Just tell me it's not true! Your majesty! King Chang!" Faye started to beg in front of Chang.

"Your majesty, I know I am wrong. Please just oppose all this and I'll believe you, please." Faye begged but Chang shook her head, "in this, I cannot do anything about it, Faye. I'm sorry." He said, as tears also left his eyes.

"No! No! I have to find her! I'm sure she needs me right now!!" Yihan suddenly punch her face really hard that Faye fell on the floor, "you stupid shit!! You have the audacity to say that in front of me when clearly you also made her life a living hell!!" Yihan wanted to hit back, but Jiang Yun and Shen Mengyao stopped her.

"Your highness, stop. You have to calm down." Jiang Yun whispered. "You should've showed love even a little to Yoko! But you did not do it Faye! You did not!!" Yihan shouted.

And hearing that makes Faye to be so devastated.

~~~

After a few months later, they all got the keys that Yoko hid before. They have opened their given location and first, Chao opens a room. He saw different gifts with different tags, it has his age in it. It was the gifts for him and for Siraphun that Yoko wasn't able to give. Seeing it, makes Chao to cry, and all he had is Siraphun beside him, comforting him.

And Lux, Milk, Anda and View also got their presents. Yoko kept all her gifts for them in one place, so they can access it easily. Ciize smile while tears have left her face.

"I do regret not being able to protect you." She said, as she cry through seeing Yoko's gift.

While Faye, she was left in her mansion. Looking at their wedding ring, remembering a few memories with Yoko. And she indeed regret that she never have fun with Yoko while she was there.

~~~

Chao visited his brother Chang in Yoko's room, Chang is just looking at Yoko's album and Chao was curious. "What is that?" He asked, "oh, this? It's Yoko, her pictures."

"She had pictures?"

"Yes, but stolen ones. She never really likes having pictures that much. Look, this is her graduation photo when she graduated as summa cum laude in her college." Chang said, as he smiled, "and this photo. It was her photo when she enter arts, and this one, is her photo during swordsmanship sports in China."

"She had pictures, huh."

"Chao, I'll be honest with you. You never became part of her life all this time that I end up being her father." Chang said, and Chao understands it. "I know, I have been a very very very very bad father to her. All I could wish for now is for Yoko to forgive me, if that happens, I will never hurt her again." Chao declared, and Chang was happy for him,

"I thought I will feel complete and my family will also be complete if she's gone. Now that she's not here, all I hear is silence and emptiness like t-there is something missing." Chao stifled as he cries in front of his older brother.

"We will find her, I know that. Stop crying." He said, and comforted him.

FANFICWRITER1004

THANK YOU FOR READING!!