Chapter 10: The punishment

Third Person's POV

"I will take the punishment, your majesty. If you can't forgive my wife, I will take it for her." Yoko said, and Chang was shocked.

He froze hearing that plead. "I cannot punish you—"

"Of course you can!!! I will wait and see!!" Chao interfere and the king abruptly looked at him with anger in his face, "talk again and I will punish you myself!"

Chao shut his mouth, and sat back again.

Milk sighed deeply, and seems like wanting to leave. Same for the others, but Rutricha was very worried, she stood up and take a five steps.

"Your majesty, duke Yu is pleading already. Please, forgive them." She said, and Marissa also thought that it would be a good idea to say something about it.

"Your majesty, I also agree to Duchess Ci." Marissa.

"I can't just leave Faye being loose without being punish!!"

"That is why I am taking her punishment, your majesty. My wife is my responsibility, what's hers is mine, and what's mine is hers. So what she done is my mistake." Yoko stated, and the king was very nervous about her decision.

He is indeed distress.

"Yoko—"

"Your majesty... You are doing what you can to keep the rules of this kingdom. That is why I am the one obeying the rules." Yoko stated.

Chang looked at his daughters, he sighed and say, "Punish, Duke Yu in behalf of Faye's punishment!"

Marissa, Becky and Yihan was shocked to hear that. Rutricha knew she did what she can,

The guards pin Yoko down and let Faye go.

"Your majesty!!! Please no!! Not Yoko!!! She's not physically fit to face whippings!!!" Becky was in a panic when she's explaining that.

"Prime minister Som!!! Do something!!! General Ice!!!" Marissa begged the Malisorns, and Ice looked at her with guilt in her eyes.

She knew she doesn't have power over the matter.

Marissa was shocked.

The king close his eyes, and also Yoko, who just prayed in her mind.

As the guard started whipping her, Yoko endured the pain. The royal white Chinese ancient clothes that she's wearing was covered in blood. It is a clothing they used when they're praying.

Even though Yoko was a Catholic, she still respects their tradition. And the cloth she loves the most, was covered in full blood.

"Your majesty!!!! Please stop!!!!!" Sun Yihan pleaded, she wanted to stop them but the other guards stop her.

"No... Your majesty, No!!" Faye suddenly pleaded, but the king did not respond and stay cold hearted.

"Your majesty, stop... I now acknowledge my mistakes!!" Faye move forward and kneel, "this is the consequences Faye." Chang said, and showed a cold expression.

Faye was so shocked.

Yoko vomit blood in the floor, she is collapsing and her vision is starting to get blurry. Too much beatings...

Faye could only be guilty because of it.

"Your majesty!!!" Marissa called out to her father, and pull the guard's sword and point the blade in her neck.

The king was shocked, he made everyone stopped and panicked. "Marissa, what are you doing????" Chang.

"Make them stop! Or I have to end my life now!"

"Marissa, put the sword down!!"

"Father, Yoko is weak. She shouldn't face this punishment! It should be Faye!! You knew that!!" Marissa is starting to cry, and everyone got silent.

"Daughter, I understand. But that is the rules!"

"Oh! Come on!! You're the king!! Why can't you make another rule?!" Marissa yelled at the king, which made everybody to be in shocked.

The king can only let his tears flow down in his eyes, he felt guilty, he saw Yoko who is laying in the floor, cold, bleeding.

Then Sun Yihan push the guards, and take a step forward. "Your majesty... It is time to change the cruel punishment of the Thai Empire," She said, and the king shook his head.

"I'm sorry.."

He wipe the tears in his face, and looked at Marissa, "you take Yoko away with you."

"Oh come on!!! That girl needs to be punish!!" Chao instantly shout, "shut your mouth or I'll punish you instead, you keep talking!!!" Chang was so angry at him that he also shouted back.

"Take Yoko away, call the royal physicians!!" He ordered, and Marissa put the sword down, and bowed. "Thank you father." She said, and then wipe the tears in her face.

Sun Yihan, Becky, Marissa and Rutricha helped Yoko to walk.

"Leave this place, Faye!!!! Don't make me see your face!!!" Chang said, and Faye bowed.

Som and his daughters immediately took Faye away and left the palace.

FANFICWRITER1004

Sorry for the late update, we just fix some problems