Chapter 10: To Plead

Third Person's POV:

Faye enter the royal palace, and two royal guards escorted her. They went into the king's location, where he is sitting in his throne.

Faye saw that the whole Lertprasert family, including Yihan was there, except for Yoko. The Malisorns was also being summoned and seeing her father's expression, she knew that something is about to happen.

"Greetings to king Chang." Faye bowed, "Khun Faye... My talented architect, and daughter of prime minister Som. I was expecting something to be done professionally." Chang said, with a smooth voice, then he sighed and abruptly looked at Faye with anger in his eyes.

"But how could you not attend your own wedding today?!!!" King Chang shout so loud that even the servants who is waiting outside, heard him yelling at Faye.

"Your majesty, forgive me for my actions. I was being controlled by my emotions at the moment that I had to process—"

Faye didn't get to finish when the king slammed his hand to his table. "Nonsense!!! Khun Faye, this is politics! This is the public and we are the royal family!!! You can simply do whatever you want if the family you've been married to is an ordinary citizen of this country!!!" The king was totally angry that even the other staff of the government was afraid.

It was their first time seeing the king so mad.

"I really apologize for everything, your majesty." Khun Faye bowed, but the king was really furious.

"Men!!! Come and pin Khun Faye down!!" King Chang ordered, which made everyone to be in shock.

Faye stayed calm, but deep inside, she was taken aback, she was nervous and having mixed emotions at the moment.

She saw Sun Yihan's eyes that looking at her with a serious stare, and a satisfied face.

"Your majesty!!! Please, think about this!!! I'm sure, my sister P'Faye won't do this again!!" Ice, pleaded the king, and two guards came and pin Faye down.

"It is part of the Chinese tradition culture, that we should discipline those who doesn't know how to obey or those who disrespectful towards us!" King Chang.

Prime Minister Som kneeled, "your majesty, I'm sure we can talk about this. This is not a good idea, this won't even benefit my Faye!"

"Enough, Som!! You have spoiled your daughter too much that she had this kind of attitude towards the royals!! Especially to my niece, Yoko!!" King Chang,

Hearing that makes Chao to scoffed. "I knew it, this is about Yoko again! You shouldn't punish Faye just because of Yoko!" Prince Chao said, and the king sighed deeply.

"Fine.. Khun Faye... Give me a good reason why I shouldn't punish you..."

Faye think about it, and say, "I have been faithful enough to the royals, your majesty. I have served the royal family ever since I was Seventeen years-old, but please, consider my rights and emotions as a human being. I'll be honest, I hate duke Yu!!" She stated, which made Sun Yihan to be shocked.

"你怎么敢!(How dare you)!!" Sun Yihan wanted to approach her, but Marissa and Becky stopped her.

"你甚至没有权利恨她 (You doesn't even have the rights to hate her)!!"

"Cousin! Please!" Marissa,

"Punish me for all you want, but I never regret not attending that wedding!" Faye said, which made her siblings to be speechless and shock.

"Okay... Very well then. Punish her!!! Whip her for a Hundred times!!"

Som can only continue kneeling and plead with the king, but Chang stayed cold and stone.

A guard took a black whip, and was about to hit Faye's back. But when the guard started hitting, Faye realized that she didn't even felt anything.

Until the two guards realizes that Yoko came in time to take the hit for Faye.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry, your highness Yu!!" The two guards immediately kneeled and bow at her, asking for her forgiveness.

Faye heard Yoko's breathing, it is trembling and gasping like she's catching her breathe.

"Are you okay?" Yoko asked her, but Faye did not respond, for she was taken aback by the sudden situation.

Yoko stand up, and bow, she walk in front and kneel. "Your majesty, King Chang. Please, show us your mercy.. Faye is my wife, I'm sure she already regret her actions." Yoko said,

Faye can see the red line marks in Yoko's white clothes in her back. She realizes that those red line marks were blood.

"Duke Yu, your wife, Faye Malisorn was a confident and disrespectful person!!" Chang said, and suddenly, Becky approach him to make him calm down.

"Y-your majesty.. Cough... I'm sure my wife now regrets it, you have shown enough terror towards her, I'm sure she's now wanting for your forgiveness... So please, forgive my wife, Faye Malisorn." Yoko bowed, put her forehead down the floor while having fast heartbeats and cold sweats.

"I cannot do that! She should be punished!!"

"Yes, Yoko. Faye should face punishment!!" Sun Yihan also stated, agreeing with Chang.

Yoko looked at the disappointed face of her family towards her, as she looked at the Malisorns, all of them showed a worried expressions. Seeing different expressions from people makes Yoko to be so anxious and nervous that she seems wanting to cry at the moment.

"I'll take the punishment." As she stated those words, a tear left her eye. It is very serious and it's clear to her face that she is serious about it.

Hearing that makes everyone to be in shock, even Faye who is still being held by the guards.

FANFICWRITER1004