Naive Mind

Ivy'POV

I couldn't believe that out of so many people at the engagement party, I had to bump into him. And to make matters worse, I had spilled my drink all over his expensive-looking suit. I was mortified as I apologized profusely and tried to clean up the mess.

But little did I know, fate had a strange twist in store for me. As we struck up a conversation, I discovered that he was Lorenzo Cortes, the best friend of my brother-in-law. I was shocked, to say the least. What were the chances of running into him, of all people, in such an embarrassing way?

And now, to make matters even more complicated, my father had asked me to take his number, and my mother had invited him to dinner. I reluctantly agreed, thinking I could quickly pass on his number to my father and then delete it from my phone, hoping to put the embarrassing encounter behind me. But as I looked into Lorenzo's piercing eyes, a chill ran down to my spine.

We finished dinner and it was already midnight. We had all returned from the engagement party and I was exhausted. I quickly changed into comfortable clothes and was looking forward to collapsing into bed. But as I was about to drift off to sleep, I couldn't shake off the image of the mysterious man who had pinned me against the wall earlier that night. The lights had flickered and gone out, plunging us into darkness, and I never got a glimpse of his face.

All I remembered was the feeling of his hand on my arm, his body pressed against mine, and his hot breath on my ear. And his words, echoing in my mind:

"I'll see you again, my little dove."

The way he called me "my little dove" sent shivers down my spine. It was as if he knew me, knew something about me that I didn't even know myself. I tried to push the thoughts away, telling myself I was being silly, that I was safe at home with my family.

But the feeling of vulnerability lingered, making me feel uneasy and scared. And the fact that I couldn't even see his face made it all the more terrifying. Who was this man, and what did he want from me? And why did his words feel like a promise, rather than a threat?

I tried to push the mysterious man's thoughts away, but they lingered in my mind like a shadow. Just as I was starting to feel like I was going crazy, a familiar face popped into my head -

Lorenzo's. I remembered how he had talked to my parents with such respect and kindness,he also talks with me nicely and saved me from my mother's scoldings. He wasn't as bad as I had made him out to be in my mind. In fact, he seemed like a genuinely nice person.

As I thought about Lorenzo, I felt a sense of calm wash over me. His dark  eyes were a welcome distraction from the eerie feeling that the mysterious man had left me with. I realized that I had been unfair to Lorenzo, judging him based on one awkward encounter. He was, after all, my brother-in-law's best friend, and that meant something.

As I continued to think about Lorenzo, my eyelids began to feel heavy, and before I knew it, sleep was pulling me under. I felt myself drifting off, the thoughts of the mysterious man and Lorenzo swirling together in a jumbled mess.

I told myself firmly, trying to shut down my racing thoughts. I shouldn't be thinking about that mysterious man or his unsettling words.I should be thinking about the comfort and security of my own bed, not some stranger's ominous promise.
I couldn't shake off the feeling that my mind was trying to warn me about something. That man's words echoed in my mind, 'I'll see you again, my little dove.' I pushed the thoughts away, telling myself I was being silly, that I was safe. But the feeling lingered, a nagging sense of unease that I couldn't quite shake off.

I wondered if I was really as safe as I thought I was. And if that man would really stay in the shadows, or if he would emerge again, when I least expected it.