Carl Grimes: Daryl's Niece

Summary

It takes place at the prison and jumps between Carls P.o.v. and yours. You come across the prison and realise that you know one of the inhabitants and become close to another

Word Count: 1.6k

Warnings: None its perfectly PG

----------

-Carl's P.o.v.-

"Wake up!" Daryl yelled from the doorway of my cell "We have morning watch!" he continued throwing my jacket at me.

I sat up rubbing the sleep out of my eyes picking up the jacket and throwing it back at him. He stepped out of the doorway and the jacket flew past him landing somewhere on the floor outside. I stood up and walked out the cell after Daryl who was already making his way towards the door. I grabbed my jacket pulling it on as I followed out after him. The two of us walked over to the gun rack and Daryl passed me one and we walked over to the fence when something caught my eye, I spun around and stepped closer to the gate I squinted against the morning sun scanning the fence line. I made my way up to the tower and took up my position next to Daryl we were sitting there for only a matter of minutes when I saw a figure emerge from the forest, the way it moved peaked my attention. It didn't stumble aimlessly as the dead did, it snuck crouched along the treeline its head covered by a hood snapping from the forest to the walkers that were piling up against the fence.

"Daryl there is someone down there, look!" I whispered gesturing towards the figure that was slowly moving along the treeline.

We watched the figure take down a few walkers before beginning to walk around the fence, it looked as though it was looking for a way in. I glanced over at Daryl and he nodded, we quickly made our way down the ladder. As soon as my feet hit the floor, I took off running down the channel towards were we had last seen the figure.

We stopped by a section of the fence that was free of walkers as the figure made its way towards us hood still down as we pointed out guns through the wire of the fence. The figure noticed us but instead of turning on their tale and darting back into the forest, they hesitated before slowly walking towards where the two of us were standing.

"Uncle?" the person spoke as they turned in our direction stepping closer hesitantly.

The person pulled down its hood and there stood a girl around my age. I hear Daryl gasp as he looked at the girl.

"Y/n!" whispered Daryl, as he dropped his gun to his side in disbelief.

A small smile spread across his lips and it looked as though his eyes were becoming teary.

He pointed in the direction of the gate speechless and the two began to run towards the gate. He pulled the ropes allowing the gate to open enough for her to slip through before closing it and rushing over to her, the other members of the group began to emerge as Daryl pulled the girl into a hug I lifted my gun and shot some of the walkers that were close to the gate before I closed it. The rest of the group were now standing a little way away from Daryl and the girl when they finally pulled away from the hug Rick spoke up.

-Your point of view-

You couldn't believe it after all this time after losing so many people you had found someone from before the world went to hell and the dead started eating the living. When you pulled away from the hug a guy who you presumed to be the leader of the group spoke.

"Daryl would you mind telling us who this is?" he said stepping forwards with a raised eyebrow and his hand loitering around the gun strapped to his hip.