Carl Grimes: RED

Shots had been fired and the group that you had gone on the run with had been split up. Shots seemed to come from every angle so Rick yelled for everyone to run. Everyone just ran all in different directions scattered in the darkness, the unknown.

It had been a good day and a half since then and now you were aimlessly wandering around to find everyone again and making sure not to run into the people that had shot at you if they were still in the area. You hadn't seen anyone and you were really beginning to worry about whether or not everyone else made it out of that hell ok. You sighed as you turned another corner and we greeted with another empty street, well empty apart from the one or two walker corpses that were slumped against the walls either side a clear stab wound to the head.

You shook your head, someone had taken these walkers out recently but with the world the way it is, this entire grim picture told you was that someone was here alive a few hours ago, not where they were now. You stepped over the corpses and reached the end of the small ally between the two houses, looking out at the main street you could see the odd walker lying in the street also taken out by whoever had killed the walkers behind you. You scanned the houses to try and see if you could find any sort of trail that could lead you to this person, nope the walkers just ended. Stepping onto the street you walked up to the corpses and near one of them was blood, you let out a sigh of relief as it was walker blood, thick and brown not runny life ours.

Shaking your head you continued on your search deciding to head down an alley way across the street, scanning the street for any sign of movement your eyes fell onto a brown hat sitting in the middle of the alleyway. Your eyes grew wide as you rushed forward, Carl's hat! Relief started running over you as you knew that wherever Carl's hat was, he was.

Movement in front of you caught your eye, your eyes flashed upwards and you smiled. There was Carl walking down the street in front of you. He had his back to you so you decided to sneak up on him. Stepping quietly you walked forward and when you were just a few feet behind him you spoke.

"You really shouldn't leave this hat lying around" you laughed placing it on your head with a smile.

He stopped in his tracks not saying a word, and then slowly he turned around.

His eyes were sunken and the beautiful blue of them was gone replaced by a sickening yellow colour, he had blood all over his shirt and what looked like a bullet wound close to the heart

His eyes were sunken and the beautiful blue of them was gone replaced by a sickening yellow colour, he had blood all over his shirt and what looked like a bullet wound close to the heart. A lump grew in your throat as he growled and lunged towards you, his hands swinging around wildly trying to grab at you. You pushed him back; he stumbled backwards before walking forwards again his teeth snapping together, dried blood on his chin. You looked into his eyes trying to find any part of Carl till left, all that looked back was a monster, and its empty unblinking eyes looked at you hungrily. Tears fell down your face as you started at this monster that had taken your friend.

"No Carl," you said as you pushed him back again as you shook your head not wanting to believe the sight in front of you

You lifted your gun with shaking hands as he lunged towards you again, the shot rang out making you jump and Carl fell backwards onto the pavement, dead. You fell to your knees and crawled towards him. You took his head in your lap as you sobbed blood pooled out of the hole in his forehead as his cold dead eyes stared up at the sky unblinking. Your tears dripped onto his face and made little clean trails in the mud and blood covering his face. Movement from the end of the alleyway in the direction that you had just come from made you look up.

Michonne appeared in the alleyway and as her eyes drifted towards Carl she broke into a run. You felt numb as she reached you tears now spilling down her face as she wrapped her arm around you and stroked Carls face with her free hand.

"He died alone" you managed to say as Michonne closed his eyes. "Out here in pain with no one to hold his hand in the last moment, I wasn't here for him."

"It's not your fault he could have been hit in the crossfire, with that wound it wouldn't have been a long death, surprised he made it this far away" she said her eyes puffy and red.

You drew your eyes from Carls face to look up at her.

"You don't understand he didn't want to turn into one of these things, we made a promise to make sure that never happened to either one of us" you let out a sob as you looked back at him. "I didn't keep that promise..."

"Come on we need to go, that shot will draw more and we need to go and find Rick and tell him what's happened here" she said putting a hand on your shoulder before standing up.

"I can't leave him!" you yelled pushing his hair off of his forehead.

"He's gone" she said as she pulled you up and away from his body and back down the alleyway.

"I loved him and I never told him and now I never will, he will never know" you sobbed as you let her drag you away.

"Trust me he knew" she whispered as she pulled you close as the two of you leant on each other for support as you both stumbled away.

You took one last look back at him, lying cold and dead on the pavement, he was so far from the boy you had often spent many hours laughing and talking with. He was just another unfortunate casualty of the world, not the first and not the last...

***

Authors Note

I'm sorry! but there hasn't been a sad one for a little while and well I just thought, how would it feel to find him as a walker?

Again I am sorry that this one is so sad, but Carls in a pretty bad situation at the moment with Negan. If you liked this part then be sure to leave a vote and a comment, and maybe drop me a follow.

OMFG the The Walking Dead Season 7 trailer is out! The waiting until October is going to be the most painful thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys Xx

Date: 23/07/2016