Carl Grimes: Mixed Feelings

You walked over to the wall of Alexandria and looked up at it; it made you feel like a caged animal not to mention the fact that with every moment you spent in her you felt like the walls were moving in on you suffocating you. You had to get out. It had been a few days since your last disappearing act and you hadn't been able to get over the wall in the past few days because you had made friends with Carl on of the boys around your age here in Alexandria. You had been spending a lot of time together because when you were with him you felt as though the walls weren't suffocating you, you felt like you could do anything. But he was off doing some task his father set for him today so you were going over the wall.

You had gone over the wall so many times now you could do it in a matter of seconds lowering the risk of anyone seeing you. Pulling two large pins from your backpack you stepped closer to the wall stepping up on a large screw that was holding the wall together at the join you raised your arm and poked one of the pins through a hole a little above you head. You grabbed this pin and pulled yourself up further before placing in another pin climbing some more and swinging your leg over the top of the wall. Finally you shimmied down the supporting beams. You took a breath as your feet touched the soft mossy ground you smiled briefly before walking into the forest.

After a few minutes you noticed that it wasn't your footprints only that where crunching in the autumn leaves and it wasn't a walker either they stopped when you stooped and carried on when you continued walking.

"Ok Carl I know your there why don't you show yourself" you said turning around and scanning the tree line.

"Ok, ok" he said before walking out from behind a tree "I'm curious how you knew I was there?" he continued walking over to you.

"You drag your heals when you walk, and that doesn't exactly make you stealthy. Anyway what are you doing out here? I thought you had to help my dad with something." You replied as you both began to walk through the forest together.

"My dad says he doesn't want me to get to attached with any of the Alexandrians because they're probably not going to make it much longer and he doesn't want my heart broken" he answered looking apologetically at you.

"And there he is falling in love with the blonde woman, Ron's mum. Oooh am I capable of breaking your heart" you laughed poking him in the side.

"Yeah I've seen them together I suppose he doesn't think I can handle something like that..." he replied with a small smile.

"Well with everything you've said you've been through I think something like that would be a walk in the park for you but... well I guess you're going to tell me not to talk to you again right?" you said as he stopped and you both turned to face each other.

"No I'm not going to tell you that, and I love by dad but he's not always right about everything. The Alexandrians are part of our group now and well I couldn't stop talking to you if I tried." He said as you both leaned towards each other.

Then it happened you kissed Carl, and all the mixed feelings you had for him moved aside to make room for the feeling of love. You loved Carl.

A twig snapped and you both pulled away turning your heads in the direction of the noise. A walker was slowly stumbling past. Carl went to go get rid of it when you pulled him back quickly as more walkers emerged from the trees. You both crept silently away but the walkers were coming from everywhere. Carl grabbed your hand as you both ran towards the wall.

"You first" you said to Carl.

"What no you!" he replied as the moans and crashes from the walkers grew louder.

"I can get over the wall quicker now move!" you said as he climbed up the support closely followed by you.

About a minute later you were both on the other side of the wall as the walkers began to bang and scratch at the outside of the wall. By now the others had noticed and were running around in a panic. But Carl calmly took you hand as you both began to walk to his house. When you reached the front door of his house you voiced your confusion.

"Carl what are we doing here?" you said as he turned to face you again.

"Finishing what we started..." then he took you face in his hands and kissed you again.

***

Authors Note

I actually really enjoy writing these and I just want to thank you for the lovely comments you have been putting it's nice to hear what you think about my work :)

On that note I'm going to be editing the imagines over the next few weeks specially the ones at the beginning but when I update them I will also have a new imagine for you so you will still be getting new updates. The changes will be minor so you don't have to reread them unless you want to. Oh and I'm starting a book called Daryl Dixon Imagines so be sure to check that out :)

Don't forget to like and Comment! :)

Date: 30/12/2015